11 | you can be naked now

S1 E4

S1 E4

no man's land

"WHERE ARE THEY? Move over." Cristina asks, sitting between Maddison and George.

"They're just pulling them out." George answers.

"Hey, I heard you got a Whipple." Maddison tells her.

"A maybe Whipple." Cristina says. "Burke is running my butt off. Oh, man. Look at those films!" Cristina whines, as they perform the surgery on the nails in the head guy.

Alex pokes his head in between Maddison and Cristina, laughing comically.

"It's Hellraiser." He says.

The two girls looks at each other, and push him back.

"There goes the third grade." Cristina mumbles, and Burkes turns around in his seat.

"Dr. Yang, did you put in the blood work?" He asks, and Cristina was caught off-guard.

"Oh, right before I got here." Cristina nods her head.

"Hmm. Take her to Radiology for the MRI. Beep me when you're done." Burke tells her and Cristina hesitates. "You want the Whipple, right?"

"Yeah." Cristina gets up and meets Izzie in the doorway, both of them greeting each other.

"Here." She hands George some money. "My share of the grocery money. When are you going?"

Izzie goes and sits down in the back row.

"Tonight." George replies.

"Ok, seriously, George. Please don't-" Maddison tries to say.

"Yeah, could we not talk about it here?" George cuts her off, rudely, making Maddison raise her eyebrows.

"What, tampons?" Izzie speaks up and some guys smirk.

"Did you not hear a word I said?" George says, through gritted teeth.

"You're a man. We know." Izzie tells him.

"Talk about shrinking the salamander." Alex whispers and there is silence for a moment.

Maddison starts speaking, facing forward.

"If you ever cut me off again, I will cut off your fingers." Maddison turns to looks at him, as he pales. "Especially when I'm using 'please'. Got it?"