71 | i don't know what to do

S2 E26

S2 E26

deterioration of the fight and flight response

"I HEARD THERE WERE more gunshots." Maddison ties her yellow cover up, as she walks to Cristina.

"Yeah, I heard there were at least 3 more people shot." Cristina replies, also trying her yellow gown, as the two make their way through the ER.

"Chief! How bad is it?" Cristina says as they approach Webber. "It looks bad. Um, We're here. We can help. If there's anything surgical, we can help."

"Yeah. This looks really bad." Maddison nods, just as her pager goes off.

"Why don't you go run Trauma 2, Dr. Yang?" Richard tells Cristina, then turns to Maddison. "And you should answer that page, Dr. Sloan."

"Okay." Maddison pulls out her pager, and walking towards the elevator.

"I get to run Trauma 2 all by myself?" Cristina asks, wide-eyed.

"Yes, but find me if you need help. And get consults." Chief tells her.

"I'm on it." Cristina nods, excitedly, as she runs off, just as Bailey wheels in the two attendings on gurneys.

"How bad is it?" Webber asks.

"Uh, GSW to the right shoulder. He's lost a lot of blood." Bailey points to Burke, then to William. "He has a GSW to the stomach. I can't see if it hit any vital organs yet, but he's losing blood too."

"All right. Get Burke to Trauma 1 and Liam to Trauma 3 and keep the blinds closed." Richard tells the resident. "I sent Sloan up, but Yang's on the floor."

"YOU PAGED ME?" Maddison walks up to Addison, who walks out of the elevator.

"Yeah." Addison nods. "Adele called me and told me not to let Richard know she was here. Figured you were the intern to be on this."

"Yeah." Maddison nods, pulling the curtain back, and meeting Adele standing beside an ER bed.

"Addison, Maddison!" Adele lets out a relieved breath. "Thank you for meeting us."