15 | lettuce with ranch

S1 E6

S1 E6

if tomorrow never comes

"NO." ANNIE'S MOTHER shakes her head. "No, Annie. She will have the surgery."

"I guess I'll have the surgery." Annie sighs.

"I think that is a very wise decision." Burke nods.

"On one condition." Annie adds, pointing to Alex. "I don't want him there."

"I'm sorry, Annie. Did I upset you in some way?" Alex asks, in his soft fake voice, scrunching his eyebrows.

"If he's in the surgery, I'm not having it." Annie announces, pausing for a second and then turning to Alex. "That's how I live with myself."

"Ok, Miss Connors." Liam nods. "That is not a problem."

"Dr. Karev." Burke calls, and the four doctors walk out into the hallway.

"What the hell did you do?" Burke asks.

"Nothing. I-I don't know. Man." Alex shutters.

"The mike." Maddison says. "In the CT room. It must have been on. This idiot was talking shit about the patient with the tech guy."

"Language." Liam warns, and Maddison gives him a look.

"If anything goes wrong, anything, you are 60 percent more likely to be sued if you've offended the patient. 60%." Burke tells him.

"I never would have said that stuff. The mike shouldn't have been on. I didn't realize she could hear me." Alex shakes his head.

"Well, now you won't realize you chance to scrub in." Liam tells him.

"You're banned from the OR. Mine or anyone else's. All week." Burke adds.

Alex turns to look at Maddison in disbelief, and she gives him a fake sad look.

"I got the history on the tumor." Cristina informs, walking up. "It's been growing for a year and a half. A year and a half and it's the first time she's even had it looked at. It's like she's fatally lazy."

Maddison snorts, and Burke walks away, shaking his head.

"Why doesn't she get banned?" Alex yells after the attending.