17 | i was hot, it was cold

S1 E7

S1 E7

the self destruct button

"YANG. I'M SCRUBBING IN on a hemispherectomy with Shepherd." George tells the girl.

"Get out! I would kill for that." Cristina tells him, following him.

"We're gonna cut out half a girl's brain and it's going to work. It's outrageous. Almost makes it hard to hate him." George replies.

"Why do you hate him?" Maddison questions, her voice deep and strained, joining them.

"Are you okay?" George asks, concerned.

"I'm fine." Maddison waves off. "Why do you hate Derek?"

"Oh, no reason." George replies, making Cristina and Maddison share a look.

"You know about him and Meredith?" Cristina asks.

"You know?" George's eyes widen.

"When are you gonna figure out that we know everything?" Maddison asks him, and Izzie walks up.

"They know." George tells Izzie.

"What, about doctor-cest?" Izzie asks.

"Oh, we know." Maddison nods.

"It's been going on for, like ever." Cristina adds.

"Seriously?" Izzie asks.

"And you didn't tell us?" George questions.

"Ooh, you're a gossip, huh?" Cristina teases, as Maddison's head spins.

"I am not!" George replies.

"I am." Izzie says, as they arrive at the coffee stall.

"He's about to go into major brain surgery on no sleep?" George comments. "Not very responsible."

"Jealous much?" Cristina smirks.

"Sex all night isn't about being responsible." Maddison adds.

"No, it's about sex all night. I can't believe you're not more pissed off about this, you of all people." Izzie asks Cristina.

"Well, she works hard all day. She's good at her job. Why should you care how she unwinds?" Cristina replies. "I mean, you like to bake all night. Some people like to drink. Others like an occasional screaming orgasm."