Chapter 10 Free of charge

The market was very big. There were small stalls nearly two kilometers long at the entrance. Behind them was a huge medicine wholesale market.

In the wholesale market were large-scale wholesalers of medicinal materials which had high quality, so the prices were naturally higher.

The stalls outside were all medicinal materials picked from the mountains by nearby medicine farmers. Their prices were relatively lower, but with good and bad materials mixed together, it was easy to get fake medicines.

Qin Haodong didn't need to worry about these. As a practitioner, he was very sensitive to Spiritual Qi. He could distinguish the authenticity and the year of the medicinal materials at a glance.

The most important two medicines for the preparation of Marrow-Cleansing Pill were Polygonum multiflorum and Ginseng which were hundreds of years old.

He walked slowly along the stalls outside and still got nothing after walking half the way. After all, there were too few wild herbs in this era, let alone precious herbs of hundreds of years old.

The scattered stalls were coming to the end. Suddenly, Qin Haodong's eyes were caught by a hundred years of Polygonum multiflorum in a stall.

The stall owner was a middle-aged man about 40 years old, who looked very different among many other vendors. It was midsummer of Jiangnan. Other vendors wore very little clothing with some even stripped to the waist, but he wore long clothes and trousers with his body all covered up as if he was afraid of catching a cold.

Even so, the middle-aged man still looked pale and fatigue.

"How much is this?" Qin Haodong asked, pointing at the hundred-year-old Polygonum multiflorum at the vendor's feet.

The vendor got some spirit when business came to the door. He opened his small eyes and said, "This Polygonum multiflorum is aged. It costs 20,000 yuan!"

"20,000?" Qin Haodong was surprised and said, "Isn't it a little too expensive?"

In fact, he was just surprised that the price was too low. According to the normal market conditions, the price of Polygonum multiflorum of hundreds of years old should be at least over 100,000 yuan. It seemed that the vendor only knew that the Polygonum multiflorum was aged, but he did not know that it had reached 100 years.

The vendor said, "This is pure wild Polygonum multiflorum. I have dug it out from a remote mountain. It had been growing for at least 40 or 50 years. 20,000 yuan is not expensive at all."

Sure enough, the vendor did not know the value of this polygonum multiflorum.

As a modern young man with four qualities (ideals, morals, talents, and self-discipline), he would try his best to get the greatest bargain without losing any extra money. Qin Haodong said, "The appearance of this Polygonum multiflorum is not good. It looks like it has been displayed for a long time. Generally, people will not buy it. So, I'll pay 10,000 yuan for it, no more."

The vendor hesitated for a moment. This Polygonum multiflorum was not appreciated despite its age. For more than a month, it hadn't been sold.

"All right, 10,000 yuan."

The vendor finally decided.

After all, it was hard for retail vendors to sell high-end medicinal materials while all the rich people would go to the wholesale market to avoid getting fake goods.

"Deal!"

Qin Haodong was delighted with the fact that he acquired one main ingredient for his prescription.