Chapter 20 Prick Me with Needles

Qin Haodong smiled coldly. "Do you think we are in the former dynasty? Foreigners are superior to Chinese people? In my eyes, there is only bet, no joke. Whether Chinese or people of M country, if they lose, they should keep the wager."

Nalan Wufeng cried. "No way, Mr. James is an expert of the World Medical Association. How could he kneel down to you and formally acknowledge you as his teacher..."

"Expert? Do you think he can be an expert in front of me? In my opinion, his medical skills are worthless!"

Nalan Wufeng still wanted to say something, but James suddenly knelt down in front of Qin Haodong and excitedly said, "Teacher, you're right. In front of the magic of traditional Chinese medical science, my medical skills are nothing. I want to ask you as my teacher, I want to learn the magic of traditional Chinese medical science from you!"

Then, he put his palms together and began to kowtow.

"Come on. What's going on?"

Qin Haodong was also somewhat confused by James's sudden change. Shouldn't this bearded foreigner deny his bet to save his face? Shouldn't he feel wronged even if he keeps his wager? Why he looked like that he had picked up a treasure now?

"Besides, what is he doing? It's not like he is kowtowing to a teacher but like bowing to the Buddha with his palms putting together devoutly."

They didn't know where James had learned how to kowtow. He bowed to Qin Haodong and kowtowed three times.

Although he was arrogant in his daily life, he did had a real capability, and he was really obsessed with medical skill. Today, when he saw the magical medical skills of Qin Haodong, he was completely convinced, so he immediately knelt and kowtowed to acknowledge Qin Haodong as his teacher willingly.

"Master, please accept me. I want to learn magical traditional Chinese medical science, I want to learn medical skills from you..."

James said with an earnest look.

Qin Haodong was embarrassed, the plot should not be like this. The reason why he bet to let James kneel and kowtow to acknowledge he as the teacher was to save the face of the declining traditional Chinese medical science, but he never thought to teach this foreigner medical skills.

Now as James was asking him to be his teacher, Qin Haodong still didn't know what to do for a while.

Seeing Qin Haodong didn't reply, James said eagerly, "Teacher, I really want to learn medical skills from you. You can rest assured that I can bear hardships. Come on. Prick me with needles, I'm sure I can bear it!"

"What is going on?" Qin Haodong felt that 10,000 South American alpacas ran through his heart and were frisked. "This foreigner's words are so weird that he said that in a way that implicates burning candle wax and other tools. Am I that kind of person?"

Others were also stunned on the spot. Especially Nalan Wufeng, who wanted to help James find a way to deny the bet, was astonished to fall his eyes to the ground. He didn't expect that the foreigner was emulative to kneel down and acknowledge Qin Haodong as his teacher.

"Stand up!" Qin Haodong thought for a moment and said, "I'll take you a registered student first, but if you want to learn Chinese medicine, you must first learn Chinese well. When you learn the Chinese language well, then come to me to learn medical skills!"

The reason why Qin Haodong just proposed to take James as his student was to borrow his fame to improve the status of traditional Chinese medical science. He knew that traditional Chinese medical science was declining, and he wanted to improve its fame and status. Now the authority of the World Medical Association acknowledged a Chinese doctor as his teacher, which would inevitably cause a great sensation in the medical community.