03

"What the devil happened to you last night, girl?" Nini asks, barging into my house as she usually does

She used to scare me shitless whenever she did that, but now I've grown accustomed to it.

"You were with me one minute then next minute, poof, you were gone." She exclaims.

I quickly close the door behind her, locking it, then return back to my place. "Hello to you to Nini." I smile.

She shakes her head and we both walk towards the kitchen.

Nini takes a seat on the stools at the island and gives me a look with her crazy eyes, which tells me she wants to know, everything.

"So... are you going to tell me?"

"Or make me wait?" She raises an eyebrow.

I chuckle, and start chopping some vegetables while not looking at her. "I.. spent the night with a man." 

The kitchen goes deathly silent and my head rises to look at her.

She stares at me with her jaw wide enough to catch flies.

I wave my hand in her face to catch her attention and she stays like that, shocked.

"Nothing like that Nini." I point at her with my knife.

"We didn't have sex, we–"

She slams her palms on the countertop, startling me so hard that I almost droppd my knife. "What the fuck do you mean you didn't have sex?" She yells.

I move my head back to not be in the front lines of her yelling.

Maybe I should've kept that part to myself.

I grab the chopped vegetables and add them to my egg mixture and begin mixing them together.

"I didn't have sex with him." I shrug.

Although, secretly I really wanted to... you know if he didn't have his daughter there with us, of course.

"Is that really  a bad thing?" I mutter to myself, not looking back at her. 

Nini hears me and gives me that crazed look once again. "What was wrong him?" She says like a disappointed mother.

"Was he ugly, short, weird?" She lists, trying to figure out why I didn't sleep with him.

I chuckle shaking my head. "No he's wasn't any of those things." I tell her.

"So what the fuck was the problem then?" She exclaims throwing her arms in the air.

I sigh, and turn back towards her, leaning on the counter. "He... has a kid." I say.

Nini stares at me waiting for me, and when she see's that was all she rolls her eyes at me. "And what the fuck is wrong with with that?" She places a hand on her hip.