24

"Who am I making this out to?" I ask, my lips curving into a soft smile as I looked at the shy little girl

Drawing nearer to the table, she nibbled on her finger, her eyes seeking approval from her mother, who nodded in my direction.

"T-to Niaja." she murmured softly. 

I signed it then added her name onto the photo, embellishing it with hearts and stars before returning the magazine.

"Beautiful name." I compliment her, and her initial worried expression transforms into a joyful one as she left, hand in hand with her mother.

For hours on end, I've autographed magazines, photos, mugs, and shirts. 

Yet, not once have I felt even the slightest bit tired.

In all honest, I think I'm more energized than I've been in months.

Not once has his name brought down my mood or made me break into tears.

Instead it helped me go back into my work, and other things that I once ignored.

I returned to charity galas alongside Nini, had more time to deliver speeches at women's conferences, and even mentored young girls that aspired to be in pageants.

But out of all those things I did, I think helping the girls was my favorite.

The radiant smiles on those young girls faces as they gracefully strode across the stage filled me with an unfamiliar delight.

Yet, it stirred a sense of longing within me, like I had left something behind—something I had... forgotten.

For the past two months, Domenic and I have not spoken.

But, he's been giving me persistent phone calls, surprise visits with bouquets of fragrant tulips and copious boxes of chocolates.

However that doesn't mean I forgive him and the things he said to me. 

If he really wants me, truly wants me, then he is going to have to try harder than that.

Because I am a diamond, and I'll be damned if I leave anyone scuffing me up

Again.

"Abidemi." A familiar voice bursts into the room, and my heart leaps at the sound.

Raising my head, I lock eyes with Skye, her face lit up with an infectious smile that warms my entire body.

I abandon my table, rushing toward her and enveloping her in a bear-like hug, squeezing her tightly, unwilling to let go.

Skye reciprocates, her small hands attempting to match me.

We stay in this close moment for a brief time, savoring the holding one another. "Abidemi..."

"You're squeezing me." She giggles.