33

"Are you ready for the ultimate gala planning session?" Nini shouts as she sets a bowl of popcorn on the cluttered coffee table in her apartment

I nod and settle down on the couch, taking a sip of water.

"Perfect!" she exclaims, clasping her hands together and opening a binder filled with designs.

She points to a sketch of her vision for the ballroom.

"At first, I wanted it to be a romantic Parisian dream," she begins, and I listen intently.

"But then I thought, boo that's too cliche."

"So let's make it something bigger and better." She explains enthusiastically with grand gestures, causing me to chuckle.

"Like a Parisian nightmare." She jumps up and does a little victory dance.

My eyebrows lifted in surprise at her innovative idea, and I gave her a round of applause for thinking outside the box and coming up with something completely original.

As someone who has been supporting her since her mom passed away years ago, I promised to be there for whatever she needed in order to make this event a success.

After all, it was now her turn to host these lavish galas.

When she was first put in charge, she was a wreck. 

It was her first year without her mother, and she spiraled into a frenzy.

She even considered cutting or shaving her hair because she felt lost without her mother's guidance.

But with a bit of calmness and guidance, we were able to tackle each step together and turn it into something beautiful.

We took things one step at a time and created a gala that honored her mother's memory.

Everyone was blown away by how extraordinary it turned out.

Since then, she has been slowly but surely improving, organizing more and more incredible galas like her mother did.

I'm not here to criticize my friend, but I don't think she'll ever reach the same level as her mom.

However, she will carve out her own path and make her own mark in this world

I exclaim, "That sounds incredible!"

"What's the main event going to be?" I ask.

Her adorable white pomeranian puppy jumps onto the couch and settles down next to me. 

I stroke her soft fur, smiling at how gentle it feels.

"I was thinking of doing a runway show with some of my latest designs," she says softly, causing my eyes to widen in surprise.

"Really?" I ask excitedly. "You're going to let people see your designs?"

She nods, and I can sense that she's a bit nervous about the idea.