06

We arrive at his place, my head tilting upwards in the car as I take in his house

He comes towards me at the car door, opening it for me. My smile conveys my gratitude as I reach for his hand, letting it guide me out of the car. When he closes the door behind me, I stare at the details of the house.

His home is blend of charm and comfort. It's the kind of home that's in the glossy pages of home magazines found on the coffee tables of suburban homes.

I couldn't help but be captivated by the grandess of the house as it stood before me. It was a breathtaking mixture of traditional and modern, and I loved it so much– with the soft beige hues and the deep brown tones of wooden beams and trims.

His home also had paneled windows, and I could just tell on a nice summer day they radiated such warmth and light.

The blend of smooth beige siding with patches of rugged brown stone gave the house... a charm that was both rustic yet sophisticated.

As my eyes linger on this captivating home, it becomes evident that to me that this is the home.

The kind of home where one could envision starting a family, sitting on the front porch, leisurely sipping lemonade while watching their husband play with the children amidst the sprinklers. A home perfect for summer barbeques, and ideal for showing off my amazing family to the PTA mothers.

This was a place where you could really start a family.

This was the type of house that I wanted for myself.

The house that I dreamed about, and he had it.

He lived in it with his daughter.

I turned to him, emotions swirling within me, but I managed to conceal them behind a smile.

His puzzled gaze met mine as he leaned in. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded, a soft chuckle escaping my lips. "I'm fine."

"It's just that your house is so beautiful." I praised, genuine admiration in my words.

"Thank you," he replied.

"A buddy of mine was renovating it and didn't get any good offers, and I was looking for a better place to live." I listened attentively, captivated.

"As soon as I laid eyes on it, I fell in love," he confessed.

"So I bought it and didn't even bother to get a tour," he added with a nonchalant shrug.

I chuckled, stealing another glance at the house. "I would've done the same," I mumbled, though not as quietly as I'd intended.

"You have quite the taste, I must say."

He teased me with a wink. "Sorry, but it's not on sale, ma'am."

I rolled my eyes in mock exasperation. "Oh, shut up."