55

"Come on, Skye, please take the medication

"Come on, Skye, please take the medication." I said, holding the spoon closer to her mouth. "It'll make you feel better."

She kept her mouth shut real tight and her arms crossed over her chest, looking the other way with her eyes closed.

I sighed sadly, loering at my defeat.

Two weeks had past since Domenic left, and he'd be coming back home next week, but over the last couple of days, I've been losing my fucking mind trying to take care of Skye and also dusting up on some work I've been avoiding for quite some time.

It's been tough trying to continue working and also taking care of Ske and making sure that she's okay.

All in all, honestly, I am losing my fucking mind and so close to having a mental breakdown.

I mean, if I can barely take care of Skye on my own when shes sick and has some work, how the fuck am I going to handle a newborn?

A crying baby that's going to need a lot more attention and care than Skye does right now.

If I can barely keep myself sane with Skye how will I be in the future?

I sigh again, rubbing my temples, trying to push away those thoughts because I know they won't do me any good right now.

I turn my attention back to Skye, who hasn't moved an inch or even untightened her mouth.

"Skye, please, you can't keep doing this. you have to take your medicine."

She doesn't say anything; she just ignores me and lays on her bed facing the other way.

"I don't want it," she whimpered feebly. "It's yucky."

I set the spoon down on the nightstand and moved closer to her on the bed.

"I know you don't like it, but it's for your own good." I said as I rubbed her back, trying to get her to relax.

She finally looked at me with teary eyes and shook her head. "No, it's not."

"It's yucky, and I want daddy."

I understood how she felt, and I wanted Domenic back too.

 The bed was cold without him and I was alone most of the time because Skye was either dead asleep in her room or at school.

But since she was sick, she couldn't go to school, so most of the time she was asleep and I had to roam this house like a ghost.

I adjusted myself on the bed and placed my hands on my lap. 

"I know it's not ideal, but it's temporary." I shrugged. "You have to take it until the infection clears up." I tried to persuade her.

She pursed her lips, but her face still turned away from me.

"Please," I begged, my voice cracking slightly. "For me?" I stroked her forehead gently, trying to soothe her.

"We need to make sure you get better so that when he gets back, you can give him the biggest hug ever." I smiled.