31

Nini sat back in her chair, cradling a glass of mimosa as she stared at me with amusement

Nini sat back in her chair, cradling a glass of mimosa as she stared at me with amusement. "You look like you had fun last night." 

I groaned, rubbing my temples, trying to soothe the growing migraine. "Fun night? More like a chaotic disaster," I retorted, wincing as another wave of pain shot through my head.

She raised a perfectly groomed eyebrow and watched me closely as I downed the rest of my water.

Dragging my hands down my face, as an attempt to shake off the fog of alcohol and exhaustion that hung over me.

She watched me with a raised eyebrow, and I chugged the rest of my water and then ran my hands down my face, trying to wake myself back up.

Sure, everything was fun when I was drunk and didn't have a care in the world, but now all I could feel was regret for ever agreeing to spend the night drinking with her.

Domenic, bless his heart, was so kind and caring. 

But this morning, I couldn't help but be a bitch to him— I didn't mean to be, but this headache was killing me, and he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

He made me breakfast and offered me a homemade bloody mart remedy for my headache, but I refused immediately.

What the fuck is point of drinking a bloody mary without the damn alcohol? 

I was already feeling nauseous and the last thing I wanted was to vomit everywhere. 

So instead, he gave me some water and saltine crackers to soothe my stomach while I watched him drink that red concoction like it was nothing. 

The sight of the tomato juice on his lips and the scent of it on his breath still makes me want to dry heave. 

If it wasn't for my love for him, I might have walked out on him right then and there.

Nini's eyes narrowed as she looked at me, the corners of her mouth turned down in disgust. 

I could feel the pounding headache and churning stomach from last night's wild drinking session. 

It had been a mistake to agree to go out with that woman, and now I was paying for it.

"How much did she get you to drink, girl?" Nini asked, her voice laced with disapproval.

I don't blame her for being dissaproving 

Never in all my life have I ever felt this hungover before.

Sure, I got some nausea in the morning from all the drinking I did, but this?

Jesus Christ, this was an entirely different level of drinking that I was not prepared for at all.

"I don't even know," I replied, grimacing at the memory of shots and cocktails. "But one thing's for sure, I am never going to dinner alone with her again."