39

After a whirlwind of walking around and meeting new people, we finally had some time to relax and talk

After a whirlwind of walking around and meeting new people, we finally had some time to relax and talk. The soft hum of conversation surrounded us as we leaned back and savored the moment, soaking in the sights and sounds of the lively atmosphere

Then, it was time for Nini's opening speech before our food arrived. 

She wore a stunning all-black outfit on stage, with a dress that revealed her sides and part of her cleavage instead of being backless like her previous one. 

Nini looked absolutely gorgeous, and even others were captivated by her beauty, particularly a guy named Jacob who couldn't keep his eyes off her while they shared the stage. 

It reminded me of how Domenic looks at me. 

I couldn't help but think that if things went well, they could have a strong relationship together.

After all, Nini deserved someone who treated her like a queen after all the awful guys she had dated in the past.

Nini gave a heartfelt speech, thanking everyone for their help in planning the event. She thanked her father especially, and we took a moment to remember her late mother. 

After Nini finished speaking, she announced that it was time for entertainment and food. The lights suddenly turned off, plunging us into darkness. 

I could barely see my own hand in front of me. But just as quickly, the lights came back on, revealing beautifully dressed ballet dancers on stage, some suspended from hoops hanging from the ceiling. 

As the music started playing, they gracefully danced and performed mesmerizing acrobatics.

While we were entranced by their performance, our food arrived at the tables.

After Nini finished her speech, we finally got to dig into the delicious food that was delivered to our table.

There was a wide variety of dishes, from sushi to pasta to steak, and everything tasted amazing.

The dishes was exquisitely presented, perfectly in line with the theme of the event. 

It surprised and impressed the guests, who hadn't expected her to incorporate the theme into her creation. 

This gala was everything to Nini, and she was determined to make it a success, whether she wanted to or not. She refused to settle for anything less than perfection.

⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺

As the dancers finished their performance and left the stage, the orchestra began playing a slow, romantic tune. 

Couples around the ballroom made their way to the center to sway together. 

Domenic stood up, offering his hand to me with a confident smirk. "May I have this dance?" he asked playfully.