34

"Nini, everything is going to be perfect, I promise

"Nini, everything is going to be perfect, I promise." I reassure her as I prop between my shoulder blades and pick out which accessories to wear.

We've spent the whole year preparing for this Parisian Nightmare gala, and it's finally happening tonight.

And Nini has been in full-on bossy bitch mode to ensure everything is flawless and there is not one imperfection.

As much as I love her, she can be a real handful during gala season.

But I have to keep a level head and make sure everything runs smoothly with her, otherwise, everything will all fall apart.

Unfortunately for us, we can't afford any mishaps right now.

I sift through my collection of jewelry, searching for my favorite pair of black dangling earrings. "You made this event, and everything you make is perfect, so I am certain this one will be no different," I say to her with a smile.

She rambles on in my ear, not pausing to take a breath, and I shake my head.

If she keeps going at this rate, she'll run out of air.

Adjusting the phone in my hand, I interrupt her monologue. "Nini, take some deep breaths," I say with a chuckle.

She continues to ignore me and keeps ranting.

Clearly something is wrong, and she needs me there right away.

"Okay, okay, I'll be there to help." I reassure her before she hangs up the phone with a sense of urgency.

I let out a sigh and rubbed my temples before putting my phone down. 

I'll have to fix everything here when I come back.

Right now, my priority is to comfort my friend.

As I'm about to leave, Domenic appears in the doorway, raising an eyebrow at me. "Heading out again?" He asks.

I nod, quickly tying my hair back into a bun and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. "I promise I won't be gone long, I just need to make sure she's okay and doesn't have a panic attack." 

He obviously understands and gives me a supportive smile as I grab my bag and pack some essentials before rushing out the door to be by my friend's side.

I turn to face him, my tone firm. "You've got your suit from the tailors and matching tie, and you're also getting a haircut, right?" I raise an eyebrow, but he looks at me with a hint of offense.

"What's wrong with my hair?" He retorts, running his fingers through his shaggy shoulder-length locks that I can't stand.

But he insists on keeping it until something important is happening, and luckily this gala happened to roll around at the right time.

Otherwise, I'd have to endure this awful hairstyle for at least another year.

As much as I love him, his hair just irks me to my core.