48

Domenique smiled as we walked past some stores

Domenique smiled as we walked past some stores. "I'm so thankful that you're doing this with me," she said. "I was in desperate need of a fashion makeover that didn't come from my mother," Domenique joked, and I couldn't help but laugh.

Her mother's taste was more...old-fashioned then hers and for a long time Domenique trusted her fashion advice but Domenique was a badass lawyer by day and a party girl by night, and not the debutante her mother seemed to dress her up like.

So she needed a complete revamp. I had already helped her pick out some new dresses and redo basically her entire wardrobe.

"I agree a hundred percent," I chuckled, nodding towards her with a smile.

"And I needed this, it was a nice break from home."

"Domenic has been driving me up the fucking walls." I shook my head, remembering how often he had been trying to hint at a propsal, which made my anxiety to fucking skyrocket over the past few weeks.

Dominique gave me a sympathetic look. "He's been doing that for as long as I can remember."

"So welcome to the club." She threw her arms up in a dramatic gesture, and we shared a laugh before continuing our search for another store within the mall.

Dominique suddenly took hold of my arm and pulled me towards Cartier. I gave her a puzzled look, but she just smirked and led me towards the display of rings. I let out a sigh. 

I was not really in the mood for ring shopping.

Domenic would do a fantastic job picking out the perfect ring, so there was no need for me to be here, I trusted him with this. 

In all honesty, I wanted to be looking for a new sundress or something more interesting.

She leaned against the glass, her eyes wide as she looked at everything on display. "Which one do you like?" She asked without turning to face me.

I stood by the door, "none of them," I replied nonchalantly with a shrug.

Looking at rings wasn't all that interesting to me right now, like I had said before Domenic had this in the bag and I had nothing absolutely nothing to worry about.

Domenic's been talking a lot about the amazing proposal he wants to give me, and he's made it clear to me that anything less than perfect will not suffice.

So, my biggest concern is not on the rings at the moment, nor will it ever be.

I grabbed her hand, urging her to come with me. "Let's go check out that cute summer dress somewhere else." She laughed and was about to follow me out.

"There are more rings over there," Domenqiue pointed out, but I wasn't interested.

I shook my head. "Not really my style."

"Why not?" she asked curiously.

"Because my style is already planned out, Domenic will pick something better," I said in a matter of fact tone and she laughed, rolling her eyes playfully at me.