44

Months of planning and countless sleepless nights had finally come together for my little girl's birthday, which was now fully set up and ready for her to see

I couldn't wait to see the look on her face when she saw everything. It would make all the hard work worth it.

Her friends and some of her relatives were already gathered in the backyard, and I welcomed them as they arrived with their parents.

Their expressions gave away their eagerness to start the party and take over this place, and I was just as eager.for

Domenic was going to join us soon, but he needed to check on something at his family's winery first.

Even if he wasn't here now, I knew that when it was time to shout "surprise," he would be in front of everyone with a huge smile and hopefully a good bottle of red, which I desperately needed.

This week has felt like the longest one of my life.

I grabbed my keys and walked to the garage, climbed into my car, and began the journey to his parents' house.

They had picked her up earlier so she wouldn't suspect anything, and once I picked her up, I would take a longer route home to allow everyone enough time to gather and surprise her.

As I drove, a smile spread across my face that I just couldn't hold back.

The car ride from Domenic's house to his parents' place was short, and when I got there, I spotted Skye sitting on the porch step with her grandparents.

She was occupied with playing with her wand, swinging her legs back and forth.

After parking the car, I stepped out and saw her face light up upon noticing me. With a beaming smile, she ran towards me and leaped into my arms for a hug. 

I couldn't help but return the embrace with an even bigger and tighter hug.

My heart had held love for many things in the past, but nothing could have prepared me for the overwhelming rush of emotion I felt for this little girl.

An intense, all-consuming adoration for her filled every fiber of my being.

It was a love beyond words, deeper than any ocean and brighter than any star. She had had my heart in ways I never thought possible, and I knew that I would do anything to protect and cherish her forever.

If Domenic could hear my thoughts, we'd be rushing to the altar at this very moment. This man was quickly capturing my heart, and I realized that I may end up wearing a big rock on my finger soon.

I've grown so comfortable in his home, and even my parents, as well as Nini and Skye, are pushing for us to become one big happy family. There's really no reason for me to wait any longer.

Gently I set Skye down on the ground, a big smile on my face as I lovingly fixed her adorable strawberry curls.

I hope she always keeps those beautiful curls.