17

Over the months, the bond between Domenic and me has only strengthened

Over the months, the bond between Domenic and me has only strengthened. The same goes for Skye.

Now it's almost impossible to get her ready to go to her biological mother on the weekends.

She hates going and tries to use this puppy dog eye tactic on me to get me to let her stay, though she knows they work better on her dad. But Domenic, he's... buried under work.

With wine season in full swing, several shipments remain undelivered.

To add to the chaos, a security breach at his tech firm has everyone scrambling. They're doing a full sweep of everything to make sure no valuable information was stolen.

So I guess you can say it's been a few days since we've truly hung out together.

He makes sure to call at dinner and tries to be home by her bedtime, but he never makes it.

Domenic always feels so bad when he comes home and sees me already asleep, and I don't fault him for any of this, but still, he feels as though he should try harder.

I don't want the man to wear himself out.

Which is why I have taken this into my own hands.

It was hard, but I am going to relieve all of his stress.

It's the best thing I think I've done for him, because he's caring boyfriend even when he's on the verge of passing out every night.

I had my parents watch Skye for the night, then went out and bought the sexiest and most expensive lingerie that I could get my hands on in his favorite color.

When I got home, I tried it on and a newfound confidence warmed me. I smiled at how my body looked.

I had gained a couple pounds, and in the past I would've freaked out and put myself on a diet immediately, but I don't care.

Not anymore.

I'm not trying to uphold this image that once was the perfect woman.

The only thing I care about is making sure that my boyfriend is as happy as he can be.

After I slid on my favorite dress, fuck me heels, and did my makeup—not too bold, but something that would be easy to notice.

I grabbed my purse, put a couple of special products in it, and then nodded as I left the house and got into my car.

I imagined his reaction, picturing his jaw dropping, when he'd find me awaiting him in his office.

I knew his schedule like the back of my hand, so I knew that right now and for another hour he would be in a meeting trying to get the immense shipments of wine overseas, where they belong, so I had some time to sneak my way in without getting noticed by him.

Because he had just updated his security systems and now whenever someone walks into the door, it takes a picture and sends it straight to his computer, and I have to make sure he is not at his computer and is in that room.