But I do want you (Remus x Tonks)

"You said you didn't want me, Remus!" Tonks shouted, her face contorted with anger.

"Yes, I know Nymphadora," he replied calmly.

"Don't call me Nymphadora! Please... You know I like Tonks." Remus smiled and a blush so pink crept across Tonks's face, it matched her old hair colour. The mess of short hair that adorned her head wasn't pink anymore, though. It had been a dull mousy brown ever since the night Remus had rejected her.

"️Sorry, it's a habit, Tonks. I know I said that but... I didn't mean it." He bit his lip and nervously glanced down at the floor.

"You didn't?" She asked, surprise edging into her voice.

"No, I didn't. Not at all." The sheepish grin on his face stretched wider as he met her eye.

"Wait, so... you mean?"

"Yes." They both flushed deep crimson.

"You said you you didn't want me," she mumbled softly.

"But I do want you," Remus replied. "I mean, if you want me after what I said. And if you don't care about me being a Werewo-" his nervous babbling was cut short when Tonks leapt at him and pressed her lips onto his for a sweet and long desired kiss.

"Shut up you idiot, of course I want you!" Both of them laughed but stopped abruptly when Remus pointed at her hair, a sly smile playing on his lips.

"Suits you better like that," he whispered.

"What?" Tonks pulled a piece of her short fluffy hair in front of her eyes...

It was a brilliant shade of bubblegum pink.

She looked up at Remus curiously and asked, "You like it?"

"I like it very much," he replied.

------------------

Finally a shorter and happy oneshot :) what did you think? I did my best to make it cute. Also dedicated to That-One-Book-Lover because she loves this ship!