Sirius About Christmas

Sirius watched as his friends laughed and talked about their Christmases with their families. The dormitory was buzzing with excitement and it was depressing him more and more as he listened to them speak. They were busy telling stories of burnt roast dinners and stacks of presents and feisty arguments with relatives. Giggling, with excitement, about the festive holidays that would be starting in just under a week.

They might have been excited, but Sirius was not. He would have been dreading it like the other years but luckily this time he'd been told he was spending his Christmas at Hogwarts. Not the best way to spend a traditional holiday, but it was still a hundred times better than going home to the Black family.

"Padfoot? Oi!" James threw an enchanted red bauble at Sirius's head, which caused him to yelp and turn around.
"What did you do that for!" He snapped.
"You were ignoring me! Now, why are you sulking on your bed and not over here with your fabulous friends? Or have you decided that you and Snivellus are a better match for each other?" Snivellus. I bet he's staying, Sirius thought, great.
"Nothing. I'm fine." He muttered, picking at his nails.
"Don't lie to me, dogs are meant to be a man's best friend, and friends don't lie." James frowned and Remus and Peter shuffled in the corner but continued to listen.
"Well it's a good job you're still a boy and not a man then, isn't it?" Sirius mocked.
"Padfoot. Tell me or I'll tickle you." The boys stared at each other for a few seconds, before James leapt towards Sirius and began to tickle him violently. Sirius yelled and threw James off, shouting his surrender.
"Loser," James puffed and Sirius tried to catch his breath and speak.
"I-it's nothing! It's just because.. y'know, I have to spend Christmas here. Alone," he said quietly, but his face was flushed.
"Since when?" James asked as he ruffled his dark hair, leaving it even messier than usual.
"You know since when. I told you about this last week," he retorted.
"Did you? Oh... well you're wrong anyway," he said through a laugh.
"Wrong?"
"Yeah, you won't be alone because you're coming to spend Christmas with me." Sirius's eyes widened and a small smile pulled at the corners of his mouth. But realisation quickly swept through him and his brow furrowed.
"Are you serious? Surely your parents wouldn't want me to."
"Why? What makes you think that?" James asked.
"Well, I thought they hated me for having such a bad influence on their precious son!" James laughed and began to flap his arms dramatically,
"Sirius, no one can influence James Potter! No one can manipulate me or bend me to their will-"
"Except Lily Evans," Sirius interrupted with a smirk and Peter and Remus snorted in the corner. A faint blush grew on James's cheeks but he ignored the teasing.
"Yeah... well, despite you being a prat, you are coming home with me. My parents love you... probably. From what I have told them anyway! My dad thinks you're cool." Sirius grinned and shook his long hair from his face, his mood drastically improving now he had somewhere to go. The urge to join in and soak up some Christmas spirit overwhelmed him and, as he stood up, there was a bounce in his step.
"Ha! Who doesn't?" James shook his head and slapped Sirius with a piece of stray tinsel, trying to hide his excited smile.
"Don't be so cocky or I'll transfigure you into a Christmas tree, Black."
"Threat has been noted, Potter." Sirius replied.

--------
Finally did an update after about five days! Hope you liked it and thank you for reading/voting/commenting :))