Sirius Black is Scared of Kittens

Sirius strode into the dining room of Number Twelve Grimmauld Place and saw the last thing he'd expect. Remus Lupin was sitting at the long table with a little charcoal kitten held tightly in his arms.

"Remus?"

"Hello, Sirius, you alright?" He asked coolly, while the cat mewled affectionately.

"What is that?" Sirius spat, staring at the creature perched in Remus's arms.

"Excuse me?"

"That! What is it?"

"It's a cat..."

"You know what I mean! What's it doing here! Why is it snug..." he paused and grimaced, "Snuggling up to you?"

"Well, she's a stray. I couldn't just leave her purring in the street, and begging for scraps, so I bought her in here for something to eat. She's very cute, don't you think?" As Remus looked up, the bony kitten gracefully leapt from his lap. Its fur was matted and scruffy, caked with mud and dust. Despite this, he let it stalk across the table, much to Sirius's horror. His brows knitted together fiercely and he glared at the adorable creature before him. "Funnily enough, no, I don't."

"Sirius, this is just because your animagus form is a dog. It doesn't mean you have to pretend to hate cats as a human," he said, with a sigh, as the feline approached Sirius; he instantly recoiled as if someone had threatened to throw boiling water over him.

"Just... can you just put it outside? Please?" He asked, his tone stern. He shifted from side to side, running a hand through his thick dark hair.

"Are you... frightened?" The question was answered when the animal hopped from a chair, landing softly by Sirius's feet.

He screamed.

Remus burst out into a fit of uncontrollable laughter as Sirius stumbled backwards, and hissed at the cat, red faced and highly embarrassed.

"Oh! If only James could see you now! Sirius Orion Black is scared of kittens!" He said, in between laughs.

"Shut up, wolf boy," Sirius snarled in an attempt to offend, before he strode out of the room; his face deep crimson. Remus stopped laughing but as soon as the harmless ball of fur jumped back into his lap and he saw how small and innocently harmless it was, (and before Sirius could shout another curse down the stairs) he was howling with uncontrollable laughter again.

-----

Sirius is scared of cats. That is all. :)

This seemed like a good idea to start with but it doesn't anymore... Oh well! Hope you liked it and thank you to all of you who read and vote and comment, you make me smile!! so did you get my "Howling with laughter" pun, huh? :))