James Can't Dance, But Sirius Can

"Ouch!" Lily cried as James stamped on her foot. "Watch where you're going you oaf!" Her face scrunched up angrily and James turned pink.
"Lily, I'm sorry, I did tell you I wasn't any good." She snatched his hand back up into her own and placed his other on her waist angrily.
"Again."
"Lily! Please, come on! This is the thirtieth time!" He protested, but when he saw her fierce and determined eyes he fell silent, and nodded at a laughing Sirius so he would play the music again.

They began to dance but within seconds Lily was taking the man's role and leading. Getting angrier by the minute, she finally stopped twirling him around and shouted, "James! Come on, we've been doing this for hours! It's not hard, you're the guy so lead me, I'm not meant to lead you!"
"Well stop forcing me around the common room like I'm a food trolley then! I can't 'guide' you or 'lead' you if you're holding my waist!" Their voices were getting higher and higher and Sirius and Remus were snickering in the corner.
"Shut it you two!" He shouted and Lily dropped her arms and folded them.
"Prongsy, dearest, you are a fool." Sirius chuckled and Remus clapped as he stood, turning the volume dial on the radio up.
"What?"
If you wanted to learn to dance, you should have just asked me." He winked and flicked his hair, trying his best to imitate a girl, and Lily snorted.
"You can't dance, Sirius." She frowned and he studied her face for a long moment.
"Come here and I'll show you," he grinned as Lily walked over and put a hand on his shoulder, linking her fingers with his. He bowed his head and began to dance to the piano music that filled the room.

He was perfect, twirling Lily and leading her like the man is supposed to, and not once stepping on her toes or hurting her. "Oh my! You really can dance!" She laughed, "Where did you learn to do this?"
"Well coming from a pureblood and traditional family has some advantages. It means you are expected to learn certain skills, like dancing. Didn't think I'd ever be doing much of it, but my mother forced me to anyway." He smiled at her and twirled her gracefully one last time before the music died away. They broke apart and saw James leaning against the wall, with a grinning Remus, his arms folded and a jealous and furious look painted on his face.

"Right, come on Prongs it's your turn." He laughed as James pushed himself away from the wall and stormed over to him. Sirius went to put his arm around James's waist but he pushed his hand away.

"I'll lead."

"Always the man, aren't you" Sirius sighed. Remus and Lily sniggered and James kept his eyes focused on Sirius's shoulder and avoided any eye contact. He thought this was humiliating enough already and he didn't need Sirius's smug face to confirm it.

Although James wanted to be the leading partner, this didn't work very well as Sirius was about a foot taller than him. But despite the awkward pairing, Sirius was still relatively elegant as he swept around the dormitory in time with the music and taught James when and where to put his feet. "As graceful as a swan!" Remus teased as James stumbled.

"A swan? More like a pigeon!" Lily spluttered. James threw her a glare, causing him to lose his train of thought. He stepped on Sirius's feet, causing him to yelp.

"Watch it jerk, my shoes are leather!" Sirius moaned, his glare intensifying.

"You did that on purpose!" He shouted back but the corners of his mouth were twitching as a smile threatened to take over.

The music faded again and they were all laughing and clapping, James's dancing had improved with Sirius's instruction and Lily swore, whilst poking her stomach, that all the giggling had 'developed her abs'.

"Right, now you can dance, I will allow you to take me to the ball!" She said as she went and wrapped her arms around James's neck.

"I was already taking you to the ball,"

"You didn't actually ask me," she reminded him and James frowned.

"Yes, but you're my girlfriend, I didn't think I needed to!" Laughing, she bit her lip, and James realised that the hug she was giving had evolved into a slow dance. The music played softly and he put his arms around her waist, a smile growing on his lips but his cheeks reddened slightly as he saw Sirius and Remus making kissing faces in the corner.

Immature, he thought.

"Well then, Lily, will you let me and my new dancing feet take you to the ball?"

"I don't know, Remus was looking very cute earlier and I was... extremely tempted." She shook her head, biting back a smile and Remus coughed.

"Yeah sorry, James, I guess it's another perk of being a werewolf!" He whispered with a wink and James chuckled.

"Of course I'll go with you," She whispered as she leant in to kiss him.

"Oh.. oh that is," Sirius grimaced and covered his eyes.

"Our cue to leave!" Remus finished his sentence for him as he walked towards the dormitory and Sirius followed. He dragged himself out of the door and being James's best friend, naturally, he made gagging noises all the way up the stairs.

------------------------------------------

This isn't that interesting but I just wanted to write summin' cute. You know when you're not in the mood to write... but you do it anyway? XD Anyway hope you liked it! Also has anyone got any suggestions for how I could improve? Anything I could do to make ma' writing better...? I would really appreciate comments :))