Mudblood

"Severus, please, you're being unreasonable!" Lily shouted angrily as her best friend's face screwed up with rage.
"Unreasonable? Unreasonable? Lily, this is James Potter we're talking about! He hates my guts and I'm not too fond of his either!" She folded her arms and glared at him.
"He's not as bad as you think! He's actually... quite nice."
"Nice? Oh, that's funny! I thought he was a self righteous, arrogant, self absorbed jerk? Because that's what you told me, or was that just more lies?" Severus looked hurt and his voice was getting higher and higher.
Why was she saying this? She hated James! That's what she always told him.
"What do you mean 'more lies'?" Lily spat.
"Well, what else have you lied about?" His voice was shaking with the anger he was trying to repress.
"I haven't lied about anything!"
"You said you hated James... And now you're going to Hogsmeade on a date with him. I don't feel like I can trust you, Lily." The words, once said aloud, hurt more than anything else. Severus bit his lip, avoiding Lily's eyes, and took a deep shaky breath.
"Severus... Is there a reason you're acting like this?" She asked calmly, after an awkward pause. Concern for Severus was painted onto her face, despite their argument.
"What do you mean? The reason is that you are being a traitor and becoming a friend, and more, to him. To the enemy and the bully." There was another silence as both of them stared at each other. They were considering thoughts both of them had had for a while and deciding what they should say.
"Severus are you jealous?" Lily asked quietly. This caused him to snap, he glared at her and shouted.
"Jealous! Jealous of him? For what, getting you, going on a date with you? Why would I care who got you. I just hate him, I'm not bothered what you do." Pain crossed Lily's face but she composed herself quickly and glared back.
"Severus why are yo-" he cut her off, furious.
"Lily, shut up!"
"Look, I spoke to you about this! I don't like those Slytherins you're hanging around with! I warned you and you had the chance, what do you expect me to do?" It's not about expecting you to do anything, he thought, I want you to want me the same way I want you. But he didn't say any of this out loud. No. He said something much worse, something he would always regret.
"They're my friends! Much better friends than you have ever been! You Mudblood!" As soon as he spat the words at her he wanted to take them back. To collect each syllable and destroy it, obliviate it from her memory and forget he'd ever said it, thought it, but he couldn't. He wanted to scream an apology, tell her he loved her, but instead he just looked at her. His eyes wide as his jaw wide open.
"Fine." Is all she said. And with tears in her eyes, she walked away.

-------
This is a bit rubbish but it's late here and I'm tired so my brain is like ASDFGHJKL! I haven't updated for a bit because well a lot of reasons, so I wrote something quickly XD so hope you like this... thing
Also I know the picture is irrelevant but I thought it was hilarious and know some people who will appreciate it ;)