Soulmates (Remus x Sirius)

Imagine an AU where you're born with your soulmate's name on your wrist and, of course, Remus's wrist says 'Sirius Black' in tiny, scratchy writing.

Every night he looks at his skin, picking at the dark loops and tracing the small letters with his fingertips. On the nights when the full moon touches him he keeps that name in his head; Sirius Black.

It's a strange name, but also a comfort that one day he'll have someone just... meant for him. A perfect match that will embrace his scars and ignore his curse.

And he does find him, eventually.

Hogwarts is the best thing that's ever happened to Remus - besides finding his soulmate - because it bought him home in more ways than one. When Sirius Black flashes his own pale wrist on the first day of school, and Remus Lupin is engraved in neat curls, they both know everything will be alright. Everything is perfect, and they are too.

But all things must end.

His heart aches but his wrist burns more. The name never faded in those 12 years, but Remus could have sworn the words grew darker when they were reunited. Each letter was glowing, screaming at him to just... reach out. Reach out and touch the other half of his soul. To heal the bridge between them and close the gap pushing then apart; seal the wounds the black letters were boring into both their wrists.

They cut deeper when Remus lost him again.

It felt as if nothing would ever heal the red scars. And nothing did. When a second name, 'Nymphadora', appeared on his other arm it gave him hope. His own name on her wrist warmed his heart but the tingles it sent through his thumbs were half of what he had felt before.

Half was enough for Remus though. Sirius was now a mere scar but the pain did not subside. It spread, instead, to every inch of his body. It would not let him forget; not that he wanted to.

* * * * * * * *

This is kind of wolfstar/remadora and I haven't done that before. It's also not a oneshot as such, more an 'imagine' thing and I may post some more of them as I wrote them on tumblr! I might paste my text post here as headcanon things, I'm not sure yet. I hope you like this, though.

Thank you for still reading and commenting here, I never thought this collection of... stuff would reach 70k. I don't have much time for writing now but I have not forgotten any of you. I will come back and edit this book and add to it, as well as my other stories.

Also, if you have messaged me/message me and I have not replied, know that I am not ignoring you! I just forget or don't have time :( I love you all and don't mean to not reply for ages. Okay, have a good day and make someone smile. Even if it's yourself.