Finding Luna (Neville x Luna)

"Luna! Luna!" Neville ran down the debris filled corridors and pushed through the hundreds of people gathered together, fighting for Hogwarts. He searched frantically for a sign of the strange blonde who he'd completely fallen for in the past two years, whilst ducking the bright jets of light flying his way.

"Luna! Where are you?" Blood was trickling from a wound on his head, and his hands were cut and grazed, but he didn't care. This battle was all that mattered, defeating Voldemort, defending Hogwarts and, right now, finding Luna; even though it seemed rather impossible.

Beginning to worry, he sprinted faster down more and more corridors, stopping every now and then to shout words of encouragement to his friends and fellow fighters and offering help to the wounded. "Luna! Come on!" He groaned, stepping over broken remains of a bust of a famous wizard.

"Hello Neville." He heard a dreamy voice call his name and spun around.The girl he had been searching for was standing right beside him, her wand casually tucked behind her left ear. Relief swept over him when he saw she had remained unscathed. Her long blonde hair was ruffled and the denim of her dungarees was slightly scorched but apart from that she was fine.

"Have you lost something, Neville?" She asked calmly.

"Luna! No, I wanted-"

"Because if you had lost something, it would probably be the Nargles. My daddy told me all about them. It doesn't matter when, or where you are, they are alway-"

"No, Luna, it's not the... Nargles fault. I haven't lost anything, well, it's you that I'd lost actually." A confused look appeared on her face.

"Me?" She asked curiously. Neville smiled at how the devastation and fear that surrounded her didn't effect her spirits. She was still Luna. So positive and strange and not afraid at all.

Quickly, he pulled her to the side of the shaking corridor away from the shouting people and powerful jets of blinding bright light.

"Look Luna, listen. I've got to go in a moment because the Death Eaters are here but there's something I want to say to you first." He took a deep breath as she nodded. "We'll all probably be dead by the morning so I'm not afraid to say it anymore. Luna Lovegood, you are wonderful and beautiful and amazing and I'm absolutely crazy about you and have been since about... our fifth year," Daringly, he leant forwards and gave her a short but sweet kiss on the lips. Luna looked up and smiled.

"That's nice Neville, but we really must be going now." Neville blushed, feeling slightly rejected. She'd kissed him back and seemed to accept his confession but not said she felt the same way.

He nodded and gave her an awkward thumbs up. Raising his wand, he turned and was ready to run in the opposite direction when he heard Luna's voice again. "Oh, I almost forgot! Must be the Nargles. I'm very fond of you too, Neville Longbottom," she said with a toothy grin. Neville knew exactly what she meant and beamed as she turned and skipped away, shooting powerful hexes at a couple of Death Eaters who'd just ran up the stairs. Fond of you too... He thought, Well, that's good enough for me.

-------------------------

I'm probably going to have to stop writing these as much soon because I've written loads recently and am going to run out of ideas XD Thanks for reading/commenting/voting guys!