That's My Dog (Lily x James)

Lily was sitting in the cool shade, a heavy book rested on her knees. The tall oak she was sitting under was close to the dark forest but not quite in it and she'd went there knowing no one would disturb her; which is what she wanted. For a long time she sat reading without even glancing up, enjoying the warm sun and the breeze that whipped her fiery red hair against her face.

A harsh snapping sound from behind caused her to quickly turned around. What on earth was that? She muttered. It was almost dinner time now and she didn't think anyone would be walking the Hogwarts grounds this late. Not even that creep Potter, she thought to herself.

Another crack echoed behind her and as she turned the spiky bushes close to her rustled violently and the last thing expected emerged.

A large charcoal black dog sprung from the bushes and started to paw at her legs. Its coarse rough hair scratched her skin but warm brown eyes gazed up and Lily melted as soon as she saw the animal. "Aw! Aren't you cute?"  As she knelt, the dog excitedly licked her face.

"What the?" James hissed as he saw her under the tree being attacked by the mutt. Except it wasn't a surprise to see the animal in the school grounds, he knew that dog very well and didn't want him all over his Lily or anywhere near her, in fact.

"Oi! Padfoot! Get off!" He yelled as he sprinted towards the tree.

"No, no it's fine! It's just a dog, Potter!" Lily laughed as the dog chased its tail and displayed all the tricks he knew.

"A disgusting mutt more like." A low growl rumbled in the dog's throat and James went to grab it's neck when Lily frowned.

"Wait, did you call him Padfoot? This is your dog? I never knew you had a dog, James, that's adorable!" She stood up and smiled brightly at him and his eyes glazed over. He rearranged his rectangular glasses and grinned.

"Haha, yeah, I've.. got a dog. This dog, yup, he's... my dog... Well I say he but it's actually a she." He ran his hands through his messy black hair as he spoke and bit back a smirk. Take that Sirius, he thought.

"Well, I've always liked guys with dogs. Not because they have a dog but because they're always so kind and sweet." She bit her lip slightly and nodded to him and with a final pat to the dog's head, she turned to leave.

"Bye Lily!" James called. In his daze he'd forgot to speak.

"Bye James. Oh, and the answer's yes."

"Yes?"

"Mhm."

"No I mean... Yes to what?"

"I will go with you to Hogsmeade." James stood, his jaw hanging open as he watched Lily head back to the castle with the light catching her hair and making it appear as if it was on fire .

"Yes? Lily Evans just said.. yes? Do you hear that?" He punched the air but abruptly stopped and spun around.

"You." Sirius was back to himself and had a smug grin pasted onto his face.

"Yup."

"You knew what you were doing! Why were you licking my girlfriend's face!"

"She wasn't your girlfriend then but, because of me ,she is now so just thank me and shut up Prongsy. Besides we're even, you said I was a girl, you git!" He winked and strode off, knowing that the secretly grinning James would follow him.

"Yeah... Thanks Padfoot." He muttered once he'd caught up but he looked at Sirius with a triumphant grin.

---------------------------

Ze end. :) I don't even know anymore XD Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it!