Let's Talk About... Cursed Child

Spoilers! //

I don't know how many of you will have read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child yet but I got it on the release day and finished it yesterday and need to talk about it, but all my potterhead friends are on holiday! How rude.
Okay, here we go.

RANTS AND OPINIONS:

1. First of all, I don't think putting this story in play form was a good idea because it is too underdeveloped and inaccessible to a wide audience. It's going to be hard for kids to read and enjoy it, and relate to the characters.

2. Secondly... WHERE WAS TEDDY LUPIN? Honestly, Teddy was not even mentioned and I'm so angry. This is disrespectful to Remus and Tonks who DIED so JKR could have her dramatic orphan arc. Teddy is Harry's godson and you're telling me his name is not even mentioned? Plus, he could have been useful. He is a metamorphagus thingy-majig.

3. Where were Hugo, Victoire, Fleur, Bill, The Weasleys and George and Hagrid and wtf so many people are missing.

4. In the scene where Hagrid goes to Godric's Hollow after L+J's death, why is Sirius not there? He was meant to be there to try and take Harry because he's the godfather?

5. Plot doesn't match up with the original series.

6. EVERYONE IS SO OUT OF CHARACTER:
- Cedric was sweet in the original series and would not become a death eater because he got 'humiliated'
- Snape never acted like that.
- everyone went through wars but none of them seem particularly effected, maybe Harry a bit
- After Harry's abusive past he would NEVER tell Albus he wished he wasn't his son? What are you doing JKR?
- Hermione was a bit boring? Ron was just there for comic effect?
- Rose was literally just there as a love interest and she could have been so much more.

7. Why the frick wasn't Scorbus made canon, I'm sorry but they were so gay for the whole book and then he ends up with Rose, who hasn't taken any notice of him/disliked him for four years? Rubbish. There's so much hinting at Scorpius/Albus with all the hugging and "if I could choose anyone to spend eternal darkness with, it'd be you." JKR could have had a revolutionary plot here but no.

8. Ginny was kinda two dimensional and there was no evidence of her, you know, having been a famous Quidditch player for her career.

9. The whole Albus/Harry conflict was meant to be really dramatic but it wasn't really, it felt staged (no pun intended)

10. Why was Snape being glorified again, why is he the only Slytherin who gets redemption

11. What's with Draco miraculously having a secret time turner and all of a sudden The Gang is Hermione, Ron, Harry, Ginny, and Draco I just..

12. I didn't like Delphi

13. Basically the whole thing felt like a fanfiction, not a story by the creator?

14. Scorpius Malfoy was the best thing about the entire play until he was forced with Rose in the last scene of the play 

Okay, I think I should stop there. Cursed Child is actually good though and I did like it and I liked a lot of parts in it, I just have a lot of issues too. What did you think? I need someone to scream with.

I'll try and do some kind of proper update soon, but no promises. I love you all and thank you for nearly 80k reads!