chapter 69

When it was a little awkward, a faint smile came to my lips.

“Do you like animals?”

I heard Cass’ voice.

“They’re less complicated than a person.”

I answered while looking at Blue Wing.

[The God of Destruction, Ciel, likes your answer.]

People and animals were different. Because they didn’t betray with shallow calculations, and there were many things to repay as much as I gave affection.

Jjae-Rok, the one that I raised in my past life, also gave me a little comfort.

“I see. In some ways, humans are worse than animals. Actually, we can’t avoid it, but it is.”

Cass’s voice, whether he was joking or sincere, was creepy.

I turned words the other way. I didn’t want to share any more triggering stories with him, a sociopath.

“The Marquis must have met many people, right? You must have been to many places.”

“I went around constantly for several years to experience the world that I couldn’t experience because I was confined to the temple as a child. To the extent that Lloyd’s Merchant issued a wanted order.”

His expression as he rode and talked seemed light.

“Then have you ever been to Ares?”

“The most recent was two years ago. I’m even close with the lord.”

It also seemed like it wasn’t the first time for him.

He continued.

“Everyone in the Empire knows that Lloyd is the safest companion no matter where you travel here.”

“I see. That’s why Sir Reihausd also asked you to accompany me.”

I replied bitterly.

Well, that’s why Reihausd must have thought it best for me to go with him.

As we exchanged a few words, the sun started to set.

Blue Wing, who was sitting on the window sill, flew up into the sky again, probably bored.

After riding in the carriage for a long time, my back started to hurt.

“But having to go for fifteen days is really far.”

Cass said to me, who muttered with a sigh.

“I told you. Lloyd is the safest companion.”

He added.

“And we’re also the fastest companion.”

“Pardon?”

“Because Lloyd has a map with all the shortcuts in the world.”

I looked at him, startled.