chapter 129

The large and majestic carriage, befitting the one sent by the Emperor, started running fast as soon as I got on it.

“Earlier… It shouldn’t have seemed too strange.”

Inside the carriage, I covered my face with both hands. The romance books I had been reading avidly for a while didn’t seem to help my fluency in any way.

After hesitating, it ended in vain.

‘By the way, Cass said he’s coming tonight…’

My heart was beating fast.

I thought for a while and shook my head.

“Come to your senses and think about complicated things after going to the Imperial Palace.”

What to say when I see Cass in the evening, I wonder.

I repeated, wrapping my reddened cheeks with both hands.

[The God of Benevolence, Oman, recommends preparing a red rose and a whip for your bed tonight.]

[The God of Destruction, Ciel, whines to invite Kyle as well.]

[The God of Benevolence, Oman, kindly grants Ciel’s request.]

I looked at the chat window with blurry eyes. After completing the mission and the aftereffects disappearing, I will definitely get rid of his whip.

After a while, the carriage arrived inside the Imperial Palace. The official who had come to pick me up opened the carriage door. Kyle was at the door.

“…”

Kyle held out his hand to me without saying a word. I took his hand and got out of the carriage.

The number of knights and maids standing behind was higher than usual.

Is it my imagination that the atmosphere feels different from the usual?

“Blessings of the Eight Gods to Your Highness the Crown Prince.”

“Follow me.”

Kyle glanced at me, taking my hand and led the way.

“Your Highness?”

I looked up at him in bewilderment as he grabbed my hand and almost dragged me away.

[The God of Destruction, Ciel, loves Kyle’s strength.]

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, points out Kyle’s rudeness.]

[The God of Destruction, Ciel, bites Hessed’s index finger.]

Kyle stopped his steps only when we reached the long corridor.

“Where are we going? I came because His Imperial Majesty the Emperor called for me, though.”

I stood and looked at him, then he stayed still in front of me. A shadow much longer than me stretched beside me. His tall stature and broad shoulders created a strange sense of intimidation.