chapter 144

The sea was more beautiful than ever. It wasn’t a developed and tidy landscape, yet the natural scenery was alive as it was.

“How pretty.”

“I said you wouldn’t be disappointed, didn’t I?”

“Mm…”

I can see the endless coastline and clear waters with emerald color.

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, asks Monde to draw a landscape with you and Cass.]

[The God of Art, Mond, grabs a brush and quickly completes the painting.]

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, is dissatisfied with the painting, asking why Reihausd isn’t here and where Cass is by your side.]

A castle built like a painting caught my eye.

“Perhaps, that castle… Is that the summer house you were talking about?”

“That’s right.”

Lloyd’s conglomerate scale was beyond expectations.

‘Then for four days…’

I will stay with Cass there. Thinking of that made my face a little red and my heart trembled.

After a while the carriage stopped at the castle. I got out of the carriage and instead of going straight to the castle with him, I walked close to the shore. Clear waves came and came again.

“The sea is like the pupils of your eyes. Transparent, pretty.”

A smile came to my lips when he said, holding my hand tightly.

“Is this a place you often come to?”

“Yes. In my childhood. My deceased grandfather passed away here. I remember him looking quite comfortable at the last minute.”

He spoke, looking out over the distant sea.

“Lloyd spends most of the last years of our life alone. Lloyd has no friends, no family that truly loves him. Most relationships involving interests are like that.”

It depicts the young man calmly thinking about his life and standing looking at the sea.

“But… Now I feel like I have hope.”

Cass raised his hand to mine and kissed the back of my hand.

[The God of Art, Mond, brought a bucket of water saying that it should rain.]

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, trips over his feet.]

[The other Gods watch the dog fight between the two Gods with interest.]

A tickling, warm sensation came through. I smiled at him and leaned on his shoulder. He reached out then put his hand on my shoulder. Thus we stood for a while admiring the sea and waves.

***

Days passed like a dream at Lloyd’s villa. I spent a happy time playing in the water with Cass and eating various delicacies. At night, I fell asleep listening to the sound of the sea in a room larger and more colorful than mine in the temple.