chapter 91

“Looks like you made a new enemy in a short while.”

To think that it was a priest. If Cass hadn’t found him here, he might have targeted me inside the temple.

“Shall we send the body to the temple?”

“No. Don’t do that.”

I interrupted Cass.

I thought that maybe something sinister was going on.

“Can you keep his belongings and body?”

Cass stared at me for a few seconds, then he replied.

“Alright. Lloyd’s will take care of it.  And we will also investigate his identity.”

At Cass’ signal, his men dragged the dead man into a dark alley.

“Thank you, Marquis.”

He held out a glass of water to me, and I drank to calm my alarmed heart.

“I tried to live without being an enemy to others, but it seems difficult.”

Cass smiled at my words and said, like a joke.

“It’s the hardest thing in the world.”

Cass, who had been watching me until I calmed down, spoke up after a while.

“You still have holy power.”

I put on a slightly bitter expression.

Rumors spread like this, there was no way it wouldn’t get into his ears.

“Well, that doesn’t sound good to hear.”

After a moment of silence after my words, he opened his mouth.

“My mother was also a saintess.”

“Your mother… was a saintess?”

I was surprised by the first words I heard.

He replied with a calm expression.

“She was a former saintess who passed away seven years ago.”

It was something that didn’t appear in the original story.

In the original story, it was only portrayed that his mother gave birth to him after separating from his father, and Cass was raised to be educated by his father, the owner of Lloyd’s.

“When Mother was a priestess, she met my father, the owner of Lloyd’s, and gave birth to me.”

“Ah…”

But there was something I didn’t understand. In the temple history book, the former saintess’ husband was the Duke of Rockford. Not the owner of Lloyd’s.

He continued talking as if he noticed my doubts.

“She was a single mother. It wasn’t known to the public that she gave birth to me secretly, and Mother, who sent me to Father, married the Duke of Rockford.”