chapter 90

The waves crashed along the shore on a secluded beach.

A black shadow of a man wearing a robe casted in front of Diego, who was spending a comfortable afternoon sitting in a chair with his upper body bare.

He thrust something filled with dark energy into Diego’s chest.

At that moment, Diego opened his eyes.

His purple eyes glowed nonchalantly, and the man in the robe stood motionless with his sword driven into Diego’s chest.

The shape of a moving chain in the man’s black shadow could be seen.

“Nice to meet you.”

The black sword disappeared from Diego’s chest as if it was being absorbed.

The man in the robe tried to resist, yet Diego’s strength kept him hanging in the air.

“You must have weakened a lot by focusing all your energy on the gate, but to think you even sent your kin here.”

His red lips moved gracefully.

“You must be very disappointed in me.”

Chains entangled in the man’s shadow, and he struggled in pain.

“You were going to introduce the girl as a hero who prevented the destruction of the world in order to create a new version of the changed prophecy, but…”

A corner of Diego’s lips went up.

Leto’s original plan was to kill the Saintess in the mine and, at the same time, make a splendid debut of a new saintess.

“I took all the credits, so it’s understandable for you to be disappointed.”

The man struggling in pain stopped moving and began to turn to black ash.

Diego leisurely watched Leto’s kin disappear.

Soon all the dark shadow disappeared, and the beach regained peace.

“If you don’t adapt to the change, you will be left behind, Father.”

Diego closed his eyes and muttered languidly.

“Now the prophecy has changed.”

His voice was drowned out by the sound of the waves.

“Even if you struggle, you can’t overcome the huge flow.”

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

“Did you hear? A new saintess has appeared…”

“A new saintess? Hey, where is there such a thing? There is only one, Saintess Ariel… “

“No. They say she has stronger holy power than Saintess Ariel. I heard that even dead animals can be brought back to life.”

“No way. Even Bergheritta, the First Saintess, couldn’t do that.”

I was walking down the street with Kyuu in the clothes I borrowed from Daisy.