chapter 98

Finally, the day of the showdown had dawned.

I headed to the temple of Elium with Kyle.

“You know. The part I didn’t understand the most while reading a novel…”

I said to Kyle while staring blankly at the scenery outside the window in the carriage.

“Was the reason the main character, who has enough power and ability, disguises oneself and crawls into a dangerous situation when they take out something from the enemy. But actually, it made a little sense. If you go through the front door like this…”

A small smile crept across Kyle’s lips as he stared at me.

“It’s more tense and burdensome.”

“But you don’t have to worry about someone going to cut your throat in the dark.”

“…Your choice of terms is really blunt.”

When I shuddered my shoulders, he told me not to worry.

“I’m the Crown Prince of the Empire. No one can disobey me. Even if it’s someone from the temple.”

“That’s right. And I…”

I was speechless, recalling an item I bought at the <Shop> before leaving the Imperial Palace.

Although I bought Oman’s product that had been in the market for so long, there was a fatal flaw in how to use the product.

“Why are you blurting out your words?”

“…It hurts just thinking about it.”

There is such a thing, Your Highness the Crown Prince.

After a while, the carriage stopped in front of the temple. He escorted me out of the carriage first. I took his hand and carefully set my foot on the ground.

I was wearing a black veil that covered my entire head and face, but contrary to that, I was wearing a gorgeous red dress, which looked very fancy.

Is it because of the unusual clothes? Fortunately, no one recognized me.

He took my hand and walked into the temple. High-ranking priests greeted us.

“Your Highness the Crown Prince, welcome.”

“The blessings of the Nine Gods be upon Your Highness the Crown Prince.”

“The Saintess is waiting for you.”

‘…Her holy power hasn’t even been checked, yet she’s already a saintess?’

It’s probably Heinz’s work. With Reihausd pushed out, it must be completely his world.

“But the person next to you…”

When someone asked a question, curious about me, who was standing next to Kyle, he answered firmly.

“My lover.”

The high-ranking priest asked with bewildered eyes.

“Your… lover?”