Chapter 163 - Side Story 17

The Demon King's castle, at which we arrived via warp a short time later, was both grand and shabby.

Lightning continued to strike from the lightning rod-like iron tower on the roof of the Demon King's castle, and all of the servants looked scary.

Most of the faces were handsome and beautiful, but should I say that the eyes were creepy? I could feel that they only resembled humans yet weren't human.

Outside the window, I could see the training of demon warriors riding black wyverns, and it was truly intense.

I sipped the tea Cero served in Diego's office.

"Is the weather always like this?"

"You mean lightning? That's not the weather, it's the main source of the Magi. It's a device that draws in the energy of the Demon Realm."

[The Gods look around and wonder at the scenery of the Demon King's castle.]

"Ah..."

As I was blankly watching the lightning continue to strike, I shifted my gaze to Diego.

Silver hair that was sometimes tinged with the blue light of lightning, purple bead-like eyes, and a uniform in a darker tone than usual.

Although I knew that Diego was the Demon King, this was my first time coming to the Demon Realm and seeing him like this.

Diego's expression, which looked somewhat crooked and sly, was frozen. Somehow, at this moment, I realized for the first time that he was the Demon King.

"Why were you held captive by Abella?"

"..."

"If you used holy power, you would have been able to subdue it."

[The God of Art, Mond, agrees with Diego.]

"I don't think there's any need to be intimidated by people who are doing favors for me. "The desserts she prepared were the best."

Diego let out a small sigh at my words.

"I was impressed by the fact that you have no prejudice against demons, but there are pros and cons in everything."

"That... What does that mean?"

Diego, who was sitting at the desk, stood up and came towards me. One step, two steps closer.

Eventually, when he reached right in front of me, Diego's index finger gently lifted the tip of my chin.

"It means there's a need to be afraid. Demons and humans are... fundamentally different."

When I looked into his eyes, I felt a different level of emotion than the discomfort of rudeness.

"It won't happen again, but you should at least have the will to protect yourself."

Fierce, ferocious, and pure madness. It made me tense and stiff.

[The God of Justice, Hetuse, swallows his saliva.]

[All the Gods are focused on you and Diego.]

Flash. His eyes shone brightly in the gleam of lightning outside the window.

Diego is a man who can easily twist a human's delicate neck at any time. Even with his index finger, I felt a strange sense of fear.

"..."

However, I didn't avoid his eyes and looked straight at him.

Until Diego's eyebrows twitched under my patient gaze.