chapter 76

I could see the faint energy of sacred power entering through Cas’s nose.

As it’s an alternative therapy, it won’t have a direct effect, but his mind and body still will be a little more comfortable.

Some of the times he had boiling fever. Whenever that happened, I wringed out a wet towel and wiped it on his forehead.

His fine brow furrowed, yet he didn’t open his eyes.

As the night deepened, it became dark outside the window.

There were only a couple of orange interior lights in the room, and I was starting to fall asleep, probably because I used a lot of energy.

As I wiped the towel on Cass’ forehead, I fell asleep. No, rather than falling asleep, would it be correct to say that I dozed off and woke up multiple times again?

How long has it been, I wondered.

When I opened my eyes and looked out the window, it was still dark.

‘Looks like I fell asleep for a while.’

I put my hand on Cass’ forehead.

Fortunately, it wasn’t as hot as before. His complexion also seemed better than before.

‘Even if this happens, I don’t know when his condition will deteriorate.’

I sighed lightly and got up from my seat, thinking that I should take a quick nap in the cot.

As soon as I lay down, darkness came.

I think I had a dream.

My funeral home, people’s hissing voices and lonely scenery. I even dreamed of my stepmother and stepsister tidying up my room.

There was no sign of joy on their faces, as they didn’t like that they couldn’t harass me anymore. It was bitter yet annoying.

And it was when I opened my eyes after a panoramic dream. I was buried under a white blanket. Something hard touched my forehead.

‘What… is it?’

I raised my head and pushed it away. Then a bright light entered my eyes.

The first person I met with a little frown…

“Mar… quis?”

Cass Lloyd. It was him.

I was so surprised that my eyes widened.

Still shirtless, he was lying by the bed, looking at me.

I just woke up from a dream and couldn’t tell what the situation was.

I mean… Why are we in the same bed?

“You’re awake.”

The light wind gently moves his dark hair, probably because the window was left open.

Cass’ ultramarine blue eyes were calm, and there were no signs of sickness in his high nose and red lips.