chapter 131

As Kyle swung his sword, a wooden doll tens of meters away broke into pieces and scattered on the floor.

Leaning against the hedge around the training ground, Shane looked at Kyle and opened his mouth.

“Do you really mind letting her away like this?”

At that, Kyle’s eyebrows twitched.

“I mean, I’m wondering if you won’t have any regrets.”

Kyle silently swung his sword without answering.

A small explosion occurred in front.

Explosion of the statue of the First Emperor at his birthday banquet. And Ariel’s eyes were still vivid as she bravely defended him.

There was a time when he thought this when she began to stand out more and more in his eyes.

‘Should I just kidnap her?’

If he tied her up where he could see her, he wouldn’t be curious about her all day long.

Always she walked upright. She knew how to keep herself from falling into malice. As if she had been learning it for a long time.

Was she the defenseless and dazed Ariel he knew?

Kyle felt that the person Ariel was had changed. The important thing about her was that seeing her made his heart pound. And heat rises in his body.

When he thought of her soft hands and trembling eyes that wrapped around him during the Hunting Festival, like a baby…

‘Damn it.’

“Your Highness, holding onto her even now and confessing your honest feelings..”

“I have no such thoughts.”

Kyle said, thrusting his sword into the scabbard with wild movements. And he turned to Shane.

With a dark energy in his red eyes, Shane blankly stared at Kyle with his lips open as he was about to speak.

“I will become a stronger emperor than anyone else.”

A heavy aura descended upon the training ground.

“Before that, there are many things that need to be reestablished and corrected in the Empire.”

Although the Imperialists were all purged, tax problems and messed up systems caused by them still remained.

The same was true of the military. Even after hearing the news that there was a gate to the Demon Realm, it took several days because they weren’t ready to leave immediately.

Many systems were lax and incomplete, but Kyle didn’t have the time to care.

Although he has political power and practical ability, he didn’t touch anything other than what was absolutely necessary. He only prepared thoroughly to increase his power and take revenge on the Empress.

And now that everything was sorted out, Kyle had to fulfill his real duty as the Crown Prince of the Empire.

“I’m carrying a rock on my back, and asking her to hold hands would be like saying let’s hold a rock together.”