chapter 142

It was the time when darkness crept into the red sunset. The softly shining sculptures were making the mansion look more profound.

As the carriage stopped, Cass opened the door and our eyes met. Seeing me in the blue dress Daisy had chosen for me, Cass looked at me blankly for a moment, then raised his hand to mine and kissed the back of my hand.

“You make my heart pound again today.”

My heart skipped a beat at his voice, which was a little cheesy but friendly.

Rumbleㅡ!

At that moment, a thunderbolt was heard from somewhere.

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, struck Cass’ love guidebook with a thunderbolt.]

[The God of Love, Odyssey, applauds Hessed.]

“The sound just now…”

“Ah, haha. The Marquis is also wonderful. You always have been.”

Not wanting to let him know that his book was charred, I hastily praised him.

“Thank you.”

I meant it. Dressed in a well-made black shirt and tight-fitting dark trousers, he looked like a model.

His physique is cool enough for him to stand on the runway or stage in Korea right away. The style with the bangs turned over with pomade was neat, and his handsome features were shining today.

Escorted, I reached his mansion. Looking at it again, it was a magnificent scenery that could be considered a palace.

The servants lined up and greeted me politely. I nodded at them, took Cass’ hand and headed into the mansion.

“The blessings of the Eight Gods to the Saintess!”

Upon entering the mansion, the servants stood in two lines and greeted me while making a path.

“May the Gods bless you too.”

As expected of a conglomerate family, the number of servants and maids was enormous.

[The God of Art, Mond, licks his lips while looking at the art pieces in Cass’ mansion again.]

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, raises his head and boasts of Cass’ wealth.]

I whispered to Cass.

“How many employees are there?”

“Excluding the mercenaries, there are about 300 of them. Some even belong to the merchant.”

‘As expected, the conglomerate class…’

I hid my surprise and followed him into the banquet room. There was a lot of food on the huge table that seemed to seat at least 20 people, and several servants were waiting for the course.

[The God of Love, Odyssey, sighs while alternately looking at the corn snacks he’s holding and the meal.]

Cass’ father, Ruthos Lloyd, stood up to greet me. He was a middle-aged man who made everyone wonder, who does Cass resemble that he’s this handsome.