chapter 86

After Ariel left the mine, the mine was stabilized again and the estate regained peace. Although they signed a few poisonous treaties with Lloyd’s Merchant.

The day the Crown Prince’s large army decided to leave. Both the lord and residents came out and waved flags to see them off.

“I’m worried that His Imperial Majesty’s health is getting worse day by day.”

Shane, who rode beside Kyle, let out a small sigh.

“…”

Even at his words, Kyle rode the horse silently with an expressionless face.

“If the story that His Imperial Majesty the Emperor is ill spreads, the public will be devastated.”

Shane continued his words, looking at Kyle anxiously.

“Moreover, with Her Imperial Majesty dethroned, I’m not alone in worrying about the successor. Because Your Highness is still single. So, how about having a national marriage with the Saintess?”

“Is that why such rumors are spreading all over the country?”

Kyle replied, glancing lightly at Shane.

Then Shane scratched his head as if he had been caught.

“It’s also true that you often visit the Saintess these days, and Your Highness’ expression looks very comfortable when you’re with the Saintess.”

Shane went on in a light tone.

“She won’t like these rumors.”

“But it was the Saintess who flirted with Her Highness first. Did you forget that?”

Shane let out a smirk.

“The rumor that the Saintess favors Your Highness was once a big issue in the society.”

At the time, he just dismissed it as an annoying rumor.

There are always noble ladies who have unrequited love for the Crown Prince, and even if she is a saintess, it’s not helpful since she’s an incompetent saintess with neither power nor influence.

However, the status of Saintess Ariel now was incomparable to that of her before.

After being talked about by the citizens for saving a dying boy, she raised her name by overthrowing the wicked Empress’ rebellion with the Crown Prince.

Besides, hadn’t she recently blocked even the huge gate of the Demon Realm?

She was the most famous and beloved person in the Empire.

“Didn’t His Highness calculate that last time, too?”

Shane said, as they came out of the cave, he remembered how Kyle had honored Ariel’s name among the soldiers.

However, Kyle answered with her cool eyes.

“It’s enough to cut off the enemies’ heads, calculation is a headache.”