chapter 81

“How am I going to defeat all those monsters?”

I said it honestly and in a calm voice. He was the kind of person who would understand even a clumsy lie anyway.

“So, does that mean someone assisted you?”

At his words, I hesitated for a moment.

‘Can I say that Baron Diego Vester is actually the heir to the Demon Realm?’

And what will Kyle do if he finds out that I made a contract with the demon?

I could feel Kyle’s gaze staring at me as I closed my mouth. There was a deep suspicion in his eyes.

“You always had a secret.”

After a while, his low voice was heard.

“But if you want to keep a secret, you’d better be careful what you do.”

I looked back at him.

An overbearing force was felt in his red eyes.

“If anything had happened to you, I would have dug it out like a wild dog. Regardless of your will.”

Is it a worry-like threat or a threat-like worry?

Only the deep eyes in the darkness stared at me for a long time with disapproving eyes.

The direction of the answer, whether I could tell him the truth, slanted in one direction.

It was when I finally opened my mouth to say something.

” I…”

It was an instant when something suddenly reached out from behind me.

Kyle immediately drew his sword, and I held out my hand toward it ahead of him. It was an instinctive act to protect myself.

I could feel the expression of Ciel’s blessing, which still had a strong effect.

Then, with a crackling sound, I saw it collapse, spewing sap. It was a plant-eating monster that probably came out of the mine.

Kyle’s eyebrows twitched as he drew his sword.

Soon, he looked at me with dark eyes and slowly inserted the blade into the scabbard.

The ground was bursting with monsters as messed up as the trolls he had killed before.

“Did holy power originally also have attack skills?”

I stood still as my mind went blank on how to explain it.

So, this was because of the hidden mission reward. The effect of Ciel’s blessing’s amplification.

I heard his low voice.

“A while ago, you asked me what kind of ability you would use to defeat monsters.”

He seemed to be misunderstanding.

“It’s different from before… So, this isn’t a big deal.”