chapter 114

“I looked through those references, but some were unearthed since the professor hypothesized about things in the past. That’s why, I mean…”

“…”

“It’s as if the professor learned about the past of the God of Lies in some special way, and supplemented it with appropriate materials later.”

At my words, Draive waved his hand with a pale expression.

“T-That can’t be!”

He stuttered his words in bewilderment.

But it was a problem that couldn’t be driven. If he tries to avoid the answer and gives a wrong answer, I will have to go back that much.

I opened my mouth and said

“…Alright. Professor, you don’t seem to be able to answer today, so see you next time.”

Instead of urging him to tell the truth, I looked him in the eye with a light smile.

“I believe that you will prepare your mind very soon.”

Draive looked at me with a nervous expression, then averted his gaze.

In the end, without much to gain, we left the lab.

Cass asked me as the door closed.

“Should I force him to open his mouth?”

I shook my head at his cold voice.

“That person isn’t a villain. There must be a reason why he can’t cooperate just because of circumstances.”

“Then we must find out why. By any means.”

In this case, Cass seemed more like a villain.

But I don’t have to decline all his help.

“Please dig into his backstory carefully. Since I scratched it once like this, he will have unusual behavior.”

I told him with a determined expression.

Cass stared at me for a while, then he opened his mouth to answer.

“I’ll find out and write to you.”

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, is curious about your plan.]

Returning to the temple, I entered the room. A familiar customer was sitting in front of a small table in the room.

“Noah!”

“Saintess!”

I felt like Noah had grown bigger in the short time I hadn’t seen him.

“Long time no see.”

A plate of cookies prepared by Daisy was placed in front of Noah.

Daisy looked at me and smiled lightly.

“Did you have a good trip?”