chapter 99

The first place I went to after getting out was my room. I was worried about whether Kyuu and Daisy were doing well.

“Kyuu…”

I stroked Kyuu’s fur through my sleeve.

Kyuu was also rubbing its body against my wrist as if it was happy.

“It’s a relief. That you’re safe.”

[Ciel, the God of Destruction, pities it.]

The door to my room was locked, but I guess they didn’t imprison the golden hamster.

“Kyuu, kyuu kyuuuu!”

As soon as Kyuu saw me, it became restless. It was as if it wanted to convey something.

“What’s the matter?”

When I looked closely, Kyuu went back to its nest and pretended to be distressed. It seemed to mean that it was roughly locked up and couldn’t get out.

“Is Daisy locked up?”

Escaping with Daisy with the old used secret passage map was highly risky, so I had left the temple without telling her.

I thought Daisy, who didn’t spill any information, because she didn’t know anything, would be safe…

“Kyuuu…”

“Did Camilla lock her up?”

“Kyuu!”

“Do you know where she’s trapped?”

“Kyuu kyuu, kyuu kyuu, kyuuuuu kyuu kyuu…”

Kyuu tried to explain with all its might, but I couldn’t understand its words right away.

It was when I was listening to Kyuu’s explanation several times.

[Ciel translates Kyuu’s words that Daisy is imprisoned in the underground prison under the west wing.]

“…Huh?”

[Ciel turns around, blushing.]

Turns out Ciel… knows how to speak the hamsters’ language.

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

The place I arrived at soon was a dark and wet semi-basement cave.

After asking Kyle’s knights to stand guard, I went downstairs.

As I groped my way through the darkness, I saw the outline of an underground prison.

Yet for an instant, I felt a strange presence behind my back.

I turned around in surprise and saw a familiar face. It was Dwayne, who had taken off his Paladin uniform and was wearing plain clothes.

Dwayne asked me in a small, urgent voice.

“Where have you been, Saintess? Do you know that Elium is turned upside down?”