chapter 89

After a while, Camilla fell asleep again as she ran out of energy.

I quietly closed the door to keep her from waking up. And I walked towards my room.

My heart was pounding.

‘Now, let’s sort it out.’

Although it was a sudden situation, Camilla’s holy power was revealed today.

Many priestesses witnessed this, and now Camilla’s presence in the temple will grow out of control.

To think that she is a priestess with holy power great enough to save the dead. Everyone may doubt my authenticity.

‘Then what will happen to the contract?’

I bit my lip in nervousness.

Elium, the highest temple of all temples, the saintess only dwells there. And Camilla saved a life that was already dead today.

“…”

Both my mind and heart were complicated.

“Saintess!”

As I walked out to the hallway, I heard Daisy’s voice.

I stood still.

“Here you are. I came back, but you were out… I thought you went for a walk.”

The speed of my pounding heart gradually slowed as I smiled.

“How have you been? While you were in the mine, I prayed every day because I’m worried about the Saintess…”

“Daisy.”

“Yes, Saintess.”

I looked at Daisy while holding her hand, said.

“I missed you.”

Daisy’s eyes widened at my words. And she smiled broadly like a flower blooming.

“Me too, Saintess. I missed you so much.”

Fake saintess Ariel.

As in my previous life, I thought there was nothing really mine.

The temple is always a place from where I have to leave, and so are the ties.

Yet deep down I realized that wasn’t the case. Maybe I have grown attached to a lot of things here.

Maybe even if I hadn’t signed a contract with Diego, I might have been greedy for this place.

I guess I was thinking that this is where I really need to be.

“Saintess, I’m very happy too, but it’s suffocating. Please let go of me.”

“Just a minute more.”

At my words, Daisy patted me on the back.

“Did anything sad happen, our Saintess?”

Her arms were warm.