chapter 121

I went to Cass’ mansion and lay down on the bed.

“You seem to be using a good mattress. After all, the bed of the rich men is different.”

It was a remark thrown like a joke on purpose to lighten the mood. However, Cass’ eyebrows were cold and motionless.

“Don’t do this to me.”

I knew why he said this.

“Marquis. You know. That I’ve been doing well up until now.”

“…”

“I’m sure I’ll do well this time too.”

His fists were clenched tight as if they were going to break something. The depths of the cold eyes were tinged with a miserable light.

“So you’re saying I’m going to kill you with my own hands?”

Because I’m going to go directly into the state of ‘death’.

I told Cass and the Gods my plan in a calm voice.

[Tears are welling up in the eyes of the God of Death, Kairos.]

[The God of Death, Kairos, looks at you with eyes asking whether you can not do it.]

[The God of Knowledge, Hessed, asks Kairos if there is no other way.]

[The God of Death, Kairos, says that it’s rather dangerous for him to guide living beings himself.]

[The God of Art, Mond, complains that all plants will die if Kairos touches them.]

[The God of Death, Kairos, embraces his precious chair and stamps his feet.]

However, it was necessary to meet her, who had a profound influence on the writing of Draive [Contemplation of the God of Lies].

“Cruel. Beyond description.”

A dark shadow fell over Cass’ face.

“You said you’d do anything. Earlier.”

At my words, Cass stared at me with complicated eyes that couldn’t say anything.

“You just have to burn the incense. Marquis, please protect me and take the neutralizer.”

“…”

“And when my heart rate is so slow that there’s no chance of resuscitation, feed me this.”

I showed him the lithium holy stone I had received from the lord in Ares. I thought it would be useful someday, but I didn’t know it would be used like this.

“Please reconsider this. Saintess.”

Cass looked at me with an unrelenting gaze and didn’t accept the holy stone.

“I’d rather go instead of you.”

“It’s something the Marquis can’t do. Only I… can find her in the Salerium.”