Chapter 148 - Side Story 2

The next day I was hectic.

“Saintess, I think we need to increase the number of orders.”

“I put it on display because it’s not a holy relic, but why is it so crowded?”

I let out a small sigh at my store, which is doing very well even if business is going well.

It’s a temple-authorized side job, but my initial goal was just to enjoy a leisurely hobby. However, even after increasing the number of clerks to five, the number of people rushed to the point where manpower couldn’t handle it.

A middle-aged marquis with a big belly was seen looking in the mirror with a choker around his neck.

“Oh my, Honey. It goes so well with the outfit.”

“Hoho, this will stand out wherever I go.”

Next to him, his wife was admiring him, saying that it suits him.

[The God of Justice, Hetuse, looks upset.]

‘Have I come to lead a new trend?’

In a way, it’s fortunate that Reihausd’s choker doesn’t look weird… As expected, this choker frenzy is a little burdensome.

“We should increase the number of orders and think about the waiting customers.”

“I understand. Saintess.”

In the midst of the turmoil, I finished checking the books and checking the items, then I straightened my back and stretched.

Whingㅡ

At that time, the magic receiver on my body rang.

‘Is this an error?’

Reihausd said he was going to the imperial palace today.

Could something dangerous happen at the founding festival?

“What’s the matter, Saintess?”

“N-Nothing.” 

I thought it would be okay, but I suddenly felt uneasy because of the mood, so I decided to go back quickly.

“I have to go early for temple work today. Please clean up until the end.”

“Yes. Saintess. Be careful on your way back.”

Greeted by the clerks, I returned to the temple. And I found out that the receiver wasn’t wrong.

***

“Sir Reihausd!”

I saw him lying dead on the bed.

“What on earth is going on…!”