[4] A Plan and its Fruition

Chapter 4: A Plan and its Fruition

How stupid of a world. High School DxD?

Wasn't this supposed to be a wholesome and lovely normal world where Gods didn't meddle with mortals? I barely held back a peal of crazy laughter. What was the little sister of Satan doing here? I love this.

I obviously wasn't panicking. I felt great, in fact. I was in the face of a humongous opportunity. If DxD was real, that meant the scale of this world was higher, which meant I could grow faster and earn more benefits than I believed at first.

Still, I am going to avoid her though. I had no intention to draw attention. Plus, I am 2 years old, and she seems to be around 5 years old. I don't want to interact with her, there is no benefit from that.

I quickly concealed my Qi, though I was half sure she couldn't sense it anyway, and then jumped into Miyako's arms.

* * *

After that, Ruby and I were snatched by all the staff and actresses in the vicinity.

"Ohhh, twins!" – was their reaction before they began to torture my cheeks.

At about that time, I also noticed that Rias had been left alone by the kids. From the beginning, she wasn't really playing with them, she was trying to — but the kids did their best to find an excuse and run away from her. Now, she was alone, sitting on a chair and staring out the window.

She wore a cute dress with a purse hanging from her shoulders. Her hands clutched down on the bag, even though her expression was normal. It almost made me want to go talk to her, but luckily the beautiful woman who was hugging me like a stuffy toy didn't let me go.

Afterward, when I finally managed to pull myself away from the lady's soft bosom, I made my way to find Ai. I was curious about what my mother had to do in this sort of job; living hundreds of years without any touch of modernity rendered me curious about these things that I previously didn't care about.

Instead of finding Ai, sadly, I came across the director from before. He paused when he saw me, and crouched down to my eye level, pointing a finger.

"Oh, aren't you the manager's brat?" He said as I decided how to react. "I don't mind you being here, but if you dare start crying during our shoot, I'll kick you out."

The arrogant overlord part of mine said I should annihilate this baboon who dared talk to me like this, but I had learned to control that side of mine in the last two years.

I had quite a few Rules of Reincarnation that I kept in mind, one of them being the name-change one that I have already talked about before. For a person like me to enjoy life, I needed these rules.

Another rule of reincarnation is this: "Be like water, be formless." It goes along with the, "When in Rome, act like the Romans do." So when I'm in the modern world, I don't wish to show my ruthless self. I would if it required it, but I wished not to. Otherwise... it would be hard to enjoy anything, trust me.

So, I pretended to be a scared child and blurted out apologies instead.

"Oh, absolutely not! I understand me and my sisters are mere babies, but I shall try my best to not cause any inconvenience! I am fully aware of my own limitations and the rules to be upheld in a prestigious place like this, so please rest assured. Don't be harsh on Ai because of us, and consider working with her in the future as well!" I bowed, sounding frantic, and waited for his response.

His response was an understandable yell. "Holy! This baby sure can talk! Where did you learn such words?"

I looked up at him. This is the part where I'll lie for more than one benefit. I said I'd need to prove my status to Ruby, right? This will allow me that opportunity.