[53] The Secret of the World

Chapter 53: The Secret of the World

In the heart of Tokyo, the Hoshino house was located. The front yard of the modern mansion with slight Japanese touches to it was spacious and neat, covered in thick and lush green grass.

Some trimmed hedges and small trees surrounded the lawn, providing a nice, natural ambiance, and there was also a small flower garden. A stone walkway led from the main gate up to the front door, while a few potted plants were placed near the entrance. It was a slick and charming layout, with a very welcoming aura.

However, it was only welcoming for those who were allowed in by the guards at the front gate. Only the Hoshino and Saitou families were welcome here without any need for permission.

So, standing at the door, Ai wondered how this priest got inside. She peeked over to look at the guards at the gate and frowned seeing they were standing with their backs facing her. They swayed slightly in their spots, oddly enough, as if they were in a trance; as if they were drunk

"How did you get in?" Ai asked as she looked at the short young man in front of her, wearing a frown.

She didn't have a good experience with 'fans' visiting her house. If it wasn't for his priest outfit that made it unlikely that he was a fan, she would have called for the guards by now. Oh, and she also had a guess as to why he was here.

"Why, through the front gate of course. Your guards are very cooperative, which surprised me a little since you are quite famous. They should be more cautious." The man, who had introduced himself as Freed Sellzen earlier, said. "Now, if you'd allow me to do the questioning. Could you have perhaps seen a blonde little girl in a priestess outfit around here?"

He said as he tiptoed and peeked through her shoulders, making AI scowl deeper.

"Whoa, what a scowl." Freed let out a fake gasp. "Your fans would be stunned if they saw you like this; stunned, I tell you."

Ai sighed. This guy wasn't normal, there was something wrong with him. Given her exceptional ability to read body language, this was not the first time she had felt like this in her 31 years of life. Sometimes, there were odd humans with weird aspects. As if somewhat magical, if she had to explain in simpler terms.

However, that wasn't the only thing. This guy, his body language, and his style of speech told her a disturbing fact about him. In the past, she had to talk with a criminal psychopath due to a role she had to act in. The production crew had her talk with a real psycho about this, and from that experience, she could tell that this guy before her was not sane.

So there was no way she was going to tell him that— yes, she indeed had seen a young blonde priestess, who happened to be living in her house for the last few days.

"Nope," Ai smiled, pushing the door and slowly closing it. "No idea what you are talking about. You should leave."

She pushed the door closed, but the lock didn't click into place. Freed pushed the door from the other side and then pushed more strength to open it all the way again.

'Shit,' Ai cursed. 'That can't be a human's strength.' She realized he was supernatural just like Asia.

"Hey, hey, why the hurry?" Freed said with a broad smile. "Since I'm here anyway, can't I at least check the living quarters of Japan's biggest face?"

Ai was getting nervous now. This guy was not only a psychopath, but one with magical strength; this could get very bad. Also, now that she took a better look at him, he had a sword hanging from his waist, which wasn't visible from outside due to his long coat.