[10] A Leap of Faith

Chapter 10: A Leap of Faith

"And that's how I met Minami! Look at her, to think she is a gravure model!"

"Haha..."

When lunch break finally started, I met up with Ruby. I had brought Shoko along with me since she was about to eat alone. Both of us had a sandwich in our hands that we ate as Ruby talked.

Apparently, she met this pink-haired girl, Minami Kotobuki, who had a fake Kansai accent, in her classroom. Looking at her, I can understand why she would be a model for those sexy photoshoots.

[Image Here]

With lustrous pink hair and eyes, her body was stupidly thick for her age

With lustrous pink hair and eyes, her body was stupidly thick for her age. Her chest was large, too. My stare may have been a bit too obvious, as she blushed and looked away.

"She's beautiful, so it's understandable."

"Ah... t-thanks?"

My words made her blush more, she turned to face me but her eyes only looked over my shoulders. She quickly leaned over to Ruby to whisper in a hushed voice.

"Why are you siblings so direct?! And you should have told me your brother looks, uh, so... you know?"

Ruby flinched at that, giving me a shocked look. I just stared at her dryly, and she took the sign to move on from the subject.

"A-anyway, who is this? I'm surprised you made a friend on your first day."

"I wouldn't have, she's special. And I mean in a conditional way when I say it." I spoke, while my hands moved, introducing Ruby and Minami to Shoko in sign language.

[–That blonde girl is my sister, her name is Ruby Hoshino. That girl is her friend; her name is Minami Kotobuki. Today is the first day I met her, both of them are from the Performing Arts Program.]

Shoko made a gasping sound. [–Are they?! They're celebrities! I didn't know your sister was a celebrity- wait, are you one too?!"]

[–Haha, no. Neither is she, she wants to be an idol though. I guess you might see her perform in a few more months. The other girl is a celebrity though, she's one of those sexy models.]

Shoko's face went a little red hearing the last line and she just nodded, too shy to add anything. By then, the two girls had noticed the oddity of the situation, of course.

"Wait, is she..."

I nodded at Ruby's half-question. "Yes. She is Shoko Nishimiya, and she's congenitally deaf."

The two girls immediately walked over to her and apologized for things they had no control over. Shoko seemed a little startled, but when I explained what was going on, she took their goodwill with a smile.

It was about then that I heard a yell come from afar.

"Hey! Aqua! Ruby!"

I and Ruby turned to find Arima Kana on her way toward us, running with a broad smile on her face. She reached us and took in deep breaths while holding her knees.