[166] Schemes in a Foreign Land; Jaguar and the Tiger

Chapter 166: Schemes in a Foreign Land; Jaguar and the Tiger

We were greeted by the stellar spirits that served this realm as servants, and it was no less than a royal treatment. Just standing beside Serafall, I could feel her jealousy at the devils never getting to greet me in the same manner, or anything close.

As guests of the realm's ruler, the eyes of the stellar spirits looked at us with respect and awe.

The Ninth Heaven was called the abode of the White God and Stellar Spirits; with the former being Quetzalcoatl herself, and the latter being the entities that greeted us.

While they were called stellar spirits, they certainly were not some creatures made out of photons. They were angels but with a more colorful pair of wings than the bland white ones that the Biblical Angels adorned.

Among those who greeted us, there were a few humans too. Since this was heaven, human worshipers of Quetzalcoatl ended up here. The few that were present before us, however, must have been particularly incredible during their living period since they were allowed to stand with the angels.

I felt a few of them sending me odd looks, although they tried to hide them. That was a little confusing to me; they didn't give the same look to Serafall, who was a devil, but why me?

"Let your eyes wander, my friends," the proud Dragon Goddess led us through the red carpet that had been spread for us, as petals of flowers were showered at us by the servants standing on the sideway. "We shall enjoy a feast, first and foremost!"

"Sure thing," I was curious about Aztec cuisine, myself.

Serafall and I followed behind the dragon till she came to a stop at the end of the red carpet. A man who wore a similar outfit to her stood, although his one was brown and generally of a darker shade. His hair was an odd mix of blue and green, while he held a stone tablet in his hand, as if an iPad.

I saw a lot of resemblance from him that matched Quetzalcoatl.

"It has been a while, my lady," the young, muscular man bowed to her.

"Yaxkin, my favorite prince," the dragon woman smiled and looked back at us. "He is my current Avatar and assistant and has been so for centuries. Yaxkin, you already know who these two are."

The young-looking man raised his head and nodded, "It is a pleasure to meet you, Satan Leviathan, and White Tiger Sage. If you need anything while you're staying in Ilhuicatl-Teoiztac, I'll be happy to fulfill all your requests."

"Heya~! Nice to meet you too!" Serafall did her bright greeting, while I just shook hands with the man. I guess that wasn't the most culturally appropriate thing to do, but who knew what worked as a handshake's equivalent to them?

"I'll lead you to the main chambers," the Avatar said, and we followed after him. He took us to the edge of the stone pyramid we had landed above, and at the edge, there were large stone tiles. We could see the lush forest below, although a few patches of clouds obscured some parts.

"Step in any," Yaxkin said, stepping into one of the tiles to demonstrate. Serafall followed after, as Quetzalcoatl and I did the same.

"We could have just flown there," Serafall said while Quetzalcoatl scoffed.

"Of course, you'd say that since your place can never offer such luxury," she said just as the tiles shot forward at a breakneck speed.

Within a few seconds, we appeared atop a majestic pyramid-like castle. How tall was it? It was mind-boggling as we stepped to the top of the pyramid, with Serafall's eyes looking around in awe.