[147] Hmm, Did I Forget Something?

Chapter 147: Hmm, Did I Forget Something?

[Third Person Point of View]

The morning was beautiful. The Hoshino Household glowed under the golden sun, with light dancing through windows onto the wooden floor. Birdsong filled the air, a natural symphony celebrating the new day, while the garden in front of the house was alive with lush greens and floral hues, all of which seemed to awaken with the sun.

It was a perfect, peaceful morning.

Ai felt far from peace, however. On the balcony, she savored her morning tea, the 5th shot in the last couple of hours since she had woken up in the middle of the night. The air was crisp, infused with the scent of dewy grass and blooming flowers from the vibrant garden below, but none of them managed to revitalize her.

There was a sour feeling in her throat that she failed to subdue with tea or the fresh air. She couldn't believe she was acting like this just because Aqua was out there, spending time with another woman.

'This is not healthy,' Ai put down her cup and let out a sigh. One of the things that she feared about giving in to Aqua was that it would change their relationship for the worse – so far that hasn't happened, but maybe this was the first sign of it.

She felt too restless when she knew that he was out there somewhere, with another girl. Or was this reaction limited to Yura?

"...But why aren't they back yet?" Ai let out a grumble. Just then, as if summoned, her ears picked up footsteps and she turned to find the two people in question about to walk through the gate.

There they were.

Ai should have noticed them before, her ears should have picked them up. But since she wasn't even paying attention to her surroundings, she missed it. But now that she looked at them, her ears picked up all of their conversations.

Yura giggled as she hit Aqua's arm lightly, "Oh come on~ stop bringing that up."

"No, but really, you thought all of that was a dream because you didn't find me in the room after you woke up?" He said, his arm around her waist. "I was out to bring food, you should have expected that."

"Cut it out, my mind was just blank from all the... things from last night, you know? It's too insane to be normal, so it's natural to assume it was a dream. Don't judge me, come on." She was walking beside him in such a clingy way that she was leaning into him and walking.

"Well, at least now you have the answers you were curious about," Aqua said.

"Mhm, yes. Not all but I understand your urge to be secretive as a man," she joked and the two of them stepped through the gate that Blue opened.

That was when Yura and Aqua's eyes met with Ai's. The lady of the house gave both of them stern looks, and Yura froze on her spot immediately. Did the guilt of sleeping with a coworker's child finally settle in her?

Ai ignored her and looked at Aqua, her lips parting to talk to her son. "Where were you all night long-"

"Ai!" Aqua interrupted her with a call as he smiled warmly at her and ran up to her, pulling her into a hug. She was stunned but she couldn't muster the strength to push him back. "Sorry for being late, it looks like Ruby and Tsubasa have already left for school. I was showing Onee-sama here in the sky all night long, she loved it."

Ai opened her mouth to say something, the corner of her eyes noting Yura's guilty face to know that it wasn't simply just sky-sighting they did, but...

Looking at her son's expression, her mind went back to his talk with her. He couldn't be satisfied with one woman that much she knew, but he might never be satisfied with any number of women. In the end, did it matter for her to get jealous over it all?