[7] Gods and Destiny

Chapter 7: Gods and Destiny

[Third Person Point of View – Yatagarasu]

"How interesting..."

In the form of a little girl, she sat on top of a utility pole kilometers far from the house of Ai Hoshino. Yet, her eyes saw the scene clearly through the eyes of her crows that flew over that house, as she wore an everlasting smile.

Fate had just been averted.

This was the exact moment, the scenario that would have pushed the two children to reshape the country in the future. Yet, it had just been averted by one of the children.

How had this come to be?

"My Liege? What must I do?"

She called out to the air, her smile faltered and she took on a respectful experience.

"Should I go and make Fate return to its course?" Should she go and kill that woman herself?

The sky was calm, the clouds floating gently as usual. She waited for merely a few seconds until an ethereal voice rang in her ears.

"Those who are to live, will live. Those who are to die, will die. I, Amaterasu, am to simply stand witness." The voice was like the singing wind. "Fate has been altered, but perhaps that too was destined to be? Must we really meddle with things that have changed on their own?"

The divine voice of her master, Amaterasu, spoke to her ears. Amaterasu was the Sun Goddess of Shinto Mythology, as well as the Chief Goddess who stood at the top of Takamagahara, the heaven of Shinto Gods. It was a great honor that she was the servant of such a deity.

The little girl, Yatagarasu, had her eyes closed as she nodded gently.

"I understand, my Liege. Still, forgive my insolence... but isn't that boy odd? He used a form of magic to avert fate. Should that be tolerated? How does he even know such arts?"

"Yatagarasu, dear." The wind-like voice sang again. "We are Gods, not fools. There is something strange about that boy's soul, I was aware of that back when I reincarnated him and the girl. However, I didn't linger on him for too long since he isn't my chosen, but my brother's."

And Yatagarasu was well aware of how her brother was these days. It's surprising that Lady Amaterasu even bothered asking that disappointing God permission for this event.

Great Amaterasu brought two people who never had a mother, in the real sense, and a mother who gave birth to soulless children, together. She could do that easily; her powers were vast. But while reincarnation was common in this world, reincarnators with intact memories were rare. It would break balance; Fate would grow very unpredictable. So it only happened a few times in history, and whenever it did, Lady Amaterasu had to ask permission from her brother.

Only after both Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi would give their permission, would this very special reincarnation happen.

However, the current Lord Tsukuyomi was a disappointment. Who was he to permit anything anymore? In fact, that fool went by the name Delivery God Yato now, and he didn't even have enough authority to bless his chosen so that he would keep his memories while Fate would also stay stable; so Lady Amaterasu had to bless both of the children herself.

So, one could say it was that fool's fault that Fate had twisted like this. Yatagarasu wouldn't dare say any of that out loud, of course. No matter what, Lady Amaterasu still loved her brother. Being her brother was one thing, but he was also her fiancée in the past, all those feelings made her too soft towards him.