[94] Don't Call Me That!

Chapter 94: Don't Call Me That!

[Third Person Point of View]

"You are... pretty cruel."

"Sorry."

Aqua and Ruby were sitting in a nearly empty metro, making it safe to talk. While she was relieved that those who wished to harm Ai were gone, she felt conflicted about the methods her brother used.

Did he have to go that far?

Was such extreme brutality really necessary?

She could understand not giving them a swift death as she had, but to outright torture them... Once again, what kind of life had he lived before, she wondered.

She knew he had been an Emperor, and today, she had witnessed him in his battle armor, exuding an unmistakable air of royalty. But still, she was curious about what kind of life he lived, and how old he was before his death for him to be this cruel.

"How many people did you kill when you were the Emperor, Onii-chan?" Ruby asked, prompting a curious glance from him.

"Why? I didn't count."

"Can't you give me an estimate?'"

"No? Why are you so curious, it's not a good thing to know." He said, making her frown.

"Come on~! Fine, then tell me how old you were. That'd give a good idea."

"Nope, can't tell you the specifics."

"Ugh, you're so annoying!" She said and bit his arm, making him yelp and withdraw his arm.

"What are you doing?! Stupid girl," he exclaimed, tapping her on the forehead as she grumbled.

"Just tell me?"

"No," he shrugged. "But since you're so curious, I'll tell you something else. Treat it like a fun fact. Back in the day, I ruled over 15.7 quadrillion citizens. To give you an idea about my age, all of that number I have built on my own."

"You're lying," Ruby burst out laughing. "At least make better lies. The population on Earth today is 8.5 billion, how could it be quadrillions in the past? Isn't 1000 trillion equal to 1 quadrillion? Liar! Come on, tell me for real."

Aqua just shrugged and avoided it, until she fell silent and stared at him.

"...." She hadn't thought this before but, "Wait, are you from the future...?"

"Dumbass, I'm from another world. How are you this slow?" Aqua said, facepalming.

"What?! Other worlds?! How?!" Ruby exclaimed, her mind swirling with even more questions.

Regardless of the circumstances, Ruby didn't feel alienated from him. She knew he cared for Ai, perhaps more than herself. She also knew that he cared for her -Ruby- too. No matter how old he may be, or how cruel he was, she got the proof today that she and Ai were special to him.

Otherwise, he wouldn't have gone that far to beat up those crow bastards.

"Onii-chan, come on, tell me about these other worlds!" she pleaded, hanging from his neck.

* * *

[First Person Point of View]

'How is she my sister? Twin, no less. So dumb... She's cute though.'

We reached home quickly, and it was only at the gate that I remembered Mem-Cho was supposed to come. I pulled out my phone to check my messages, and sure enough, she had notified me.